Are you working for Amazon? So, you do know that you can avail some great benefits right? Because Amazon employee benefits can be useful and you can also save a little on eligible products. Let us see how you can avail these benefits for yourself.
We will delight you with how you can take advantage of such an offer and save yourself some bucks while shopping.
What Does Amazon Employee Discount Offer?
Amazon employee discount gives every eligible employee a 10% discount. You can avail this discount on a total purchase amount of $1000. The items should only be from the Amazon official website.
Employees will only be eligible after completing 30 days at the job. This is also called as the employee confirmation period.
Apart from this, Amazon takes good care of their employees with other benefits involving, health care, insurance, maternity leaves, etc.
Where Can I Use my Amazon Employee Discount?
When the company officially hires you, after 30 days you can claim your Amazon employee discount. They are eligible for all the products.
Now, many employees get confused between membership plans and prime day. Here is what you need to know.
Amazon Prime Membership Discounts
Amazon does not provide employee discounts on prime memberships. The company strictly avoids providing benefits of Amazon prime to its employees. They have to pay the amount just like any other customer.
Amazon Prime Day Discounts
During the year, you can use the Amazon employee discount at any moment. The 10% discount applies to all valid products. As long as the products are eligible for discounts, employees can claim the benefit.
What Items are Eligible for Employee Discounts?
Once you are an employee of the company you can avail yourself of the discount anytime you want but with some restrictions.
- Amazon employee discount is only applicable on products direct being sold by Amazon.
- Employee discount is not valid when there is a third-party seller.
How Can I Claim Amazon Employee Discount?
You will only be able to claim your employee discount at Amazon if the company hires you after the trial period. You have to compulsorily work for 30 days to tap on the benefit. To get the discount follow the steps given below.
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Tap your profile with the image
- Below the image see the code along with a note of how much balance you can use
- Select the code and enter it at the checkout to use it
Note: The renewal of your Amazon employee discount which is $1000 will be done yearly on your employment anniversary.
What Other Benefits Can Amazon Employee Avail?
Certainly, Amazon employee discount is one of the small portions of how the company provides benefits to their employees. You can claim it at the designated physical store that you work in. Here are some other benefits:
1. Health Benefits: Employees working for more than 20 hours are eligible to claim health benefits. This involves a variety of benefits. Amazon also covers dental and visual aids benefits.
2. Maternal Leave: Amazon will provide paid leaves along with the benefit of holidays. Amazon gives both prepartum leave of 4 weeks and post-partum leave of 10 weeks.
3. Insurance Benefits: All the employees will be able to claim life insurance benefits.
4. Assistance Plan: For all the employees and their family members, the company necessarily provides 3 counseling sessions per year.
5. Financial benefits: Certainly, with various options of investment, the retail company financially helps its employees.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Amazon provide tuition reimbursement to its employees?
Yes, 95% of tuition reimbursement is provided to their employees.
2. How can employees save by claiming the Amazon employee discount?
Employees can save up to $100 by claiming the discount.
3. Does Amazon pay extra when their employees work on holidays?
If an employee works on holiday then Amazon surely pays $15, the standard wage per hour for the half day.
4. For how long do I have to work to claim benefits in Amazon?
You have to work for 20 hours or more to claim the eligible benefits at Amazon.
To Sum Up
Amazon is one of the most dedicated companies that have various plans to benefit their employees. One of which is the Amazon employee discount that any employee can use once a year. Make sure to claim the discount on the eligible products.
Take Amazon benefits once they hire you as an employee. Do not neglect the restrictions and cap on the employee discount. You will only be able to claim the discount when the company officially hires you. Take this advantage at Amazon and work worry less.