Worried about how to return a product you already purchased on Amazon? We got you covered with the Amazon return policy. A policy which is kept in place for the customers to shop easily and make an easy return in case of issues. We will help you find what exactly is stated under their return policy and the process you need to follow for easy return. We will also give an insight into the Amazon refund policy and the exchange policy.
What is Amazon Return Policy?
The Amazon return policy has a standard return window of 30 days for most eligible items. Baby products, Amazon warehouse refurbished items and Amazon renewed products have a 90-day return window and Mattresses have to be returned within 100 days of shipment. Additionally, all items need to be in original condition with product packaging.
Can I Return Groceries to Amazon?
Amazon doesn’t want customers to return any grocery items. This also includes wine and Amazon Fresh items. Though you can claim a refund or exchange for damaged, spilt, or expired groceries. Go to your orders page, select the item, follow the on-screen instructions, and select refund. Amazon customer support will help you get your money back.
Are All Amazon Returns Free?
Returns are not free on all items sold on Amazon. It depends on the seller. However, one-time returns are completely free if the item is sold directly by Amazon and it weighs under 50 lbs. You need to return it within 30 days and the item should be in new condition without damage.
Can I Return To Amazon After 30 Days?
Unfortunately, Amazon’s return policy doesn’t cover returns after 30 days of delivery. However, you’ll get a repair your product if it starts malfunctioning. If repair is not possible for some reason, then you will get a replacement or refund. Remember that You won’t get a replacement or refund for damages due to external factors. Exhaustible products cannot be returned after 30 days.
How Can I Return My Amazon Products?
Amazon Return Policy gives you 30 days time period to return your product. Here are the steps to return your product. You can return it online or offline in their store.
Amazon Online Return Policy
So online return is not so difficult. Just follow the steps below to return your product:
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Click on Returns and Orders, to see your purchase history.
- Select the product which is to be returned.
- Click on the Return option.
- Give valid reasons for returning the product.
- Click on continue. and select a date when they will arrive for a pick-up.
- Select destination. It will be selected by default but you can change if you want with the Change option.
- When done, click on the Submit button.
When they arrive to collect the item they will hand you a return slip. It must be kept safe until the refund or exchange is completed. You can check the return status in the box.
Amazon Store Return Policy
Most items purchased through amazon.com can be returned to their physical store within 30 days from the date of purchase. However, the items should be eligible for amazon return and can only be done at the selected participating store. To return your product at a physical store the process is quite simple. According to Amazon return policy, the receipt must be present, and the item should be in good condition and its original packaging. In the store, you can either wish to drop off your product or request an item return.
Amazon Return Policy Prime
Amazon values its prime customers. According to Amazon Return Policy, prime customers are eligible for a full refund up to 365 from the date of purchase. Thus if you are a prime customer enjoy your exclusive benefits for all items except those that fall under the return exceptions.
Amazon Return Policy on Electronics
According to Amazon return policy for electronics, items purchased from amazon.com that has not been started since their arrival or arrived in damaged condition, or are still inside the unopened box can be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase. The return items would be tested and if the condition mentioned by the customer is misrepresented then 15 per cent of the sales price would be deducted from the original payment.
- TV – Amazon return policy tv is quite similar to its standard returns applicable to electronic products. If the product is unopened, undamaged and the receipt is present then it can be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Video Games – Amazon return policy on video games states that software and video games can be returned for a full refund within 30 days from the date of purchase. However, if the returned software or video games are activated then a 100% restocking fee would be applicable.
Amazon Return Policy Books
Books purchased from the Kindle Store can be returned within seven days of purchase. You will lose access to the book once the product is returned. Books received as gifts can also be returned for a gift card before they are accessed.
Amazon Return Policy Clothes
You can return clothing and accessories for up to 30 days from the date of purchase. However, for drop collections, Amazon will deduct the return shipping fee from the original amount. Amazon return policy shoes are also quite similar where customers can return footwear in original condition and packaging for a full refund.
Extended Holiday Return Policy
The holiday seasons are the months of gifts. You can buy gifts without worrying about the return policy. While some gifts we love to keep for ourselves, some are not favoured. So, we must know about the holiday return policy. Some retailers do provide extended returns during November and December. On Amazon, the return policy for items bought during holidays is different from its normal return policy. Purchases made between October 1 to December 31, 2021, can be returned through January 31, 2022.
Amazon Return Policy Exceptions
Although Amazon Return Policy gives you the guarantee to change every item bought within 30 days of purchase, some items have some exceptions due to which they are not returnable.
- Returns are not possible on health and hygiene products once you open the packaging
- Protected software items once bought and used its pin to open the software are not able to return.
- Returns are not possible once you customize any item.
- Returns are not possible on alcoholic items due to tremendous and uncontrollable fluctuations in prices.
- Items whose expiry date is near.
- Books, magazines, journals, etc. cannot be returned if their originality is disturbed.
- You may only return Amazon Fresh items if the grocery is spilled or rotten.
Amazon Exchange Policy
Now if you want an exchange of the product you bought from amazon then you can get an easy replacement if –
- First, the product must be in the same packaging, only slightly used, and should not be damaged to get a replacement.
- You cannot get an exchange for products bought at Amazon Global Store.
- You will get a replacement only if you have purchased the item through a debit or credit card.
So to get a replacement, you must remember these bullet points. Maybe you don’t like the colour of your Fashion wears or you got some size issues. You pay for the delivery charge in such cases, unless the fault was Amazon sending you the wrong or damaged product.
Amazon Refund Policy
You can get a return once your return is successful as stated under Amazon Return Policy. After you put in your return request it may take up some time to complete your return process which may take up to 2 weeks sometimes. So the average refund time can be about 14-15 days after you put in your return request. You will receive a refund in that many days, but it may take some time to show in your credit or debit card or your bank account.
Many factors may affect you from getting a full refund,
- If you have damaged or violated the product.
- Improper packaging as compared to the original one.
- Torn books, opened cassettes, CDs, and other media.
- Used products.
- Accessed software items, may be replaced with some charges.
The charges from your original payment will be deducted. How much refund you will get depends upon the condition of the product and a valid reason for return.
Other Online Platform’s Return Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I return an item to Amazon if I opened it?
Yes, and also you can get a full refund unless the product is packed like the new one and not damaged.
Can I return something on Amazon after 30 days?
Yes, but not if the damage is due to some external factor or caused by your fault.
Can Amazon ban you for too many returns?
Yes. Amazon has banned customers, practicing too many returns.
Can you get return before you return your item?
Yes, with the help of instant payment. But you have to send the item within 45 days.
Can You Get a Full Refund?
YES. You can get a full refund. Amazon return policy provides free delivery and does not charge the collection fees if the item is faulty or different then the description.
Also, Keep in Mind
Our article’s purpose was to help our readers with the Amazon return policy and what is stated in the policy. There are multiple situations that a customer might be under. But you need to keep a few things in mind. The product should be in new condition along with its purchase receipt. If there are any more doubts, you can feel free to reach us in the comment section below. Also, look at our other similar articles like Zappos or Shein your favorite clothing store.