Not satisfied with your product and want to return it? The product is not what you expected? Bought the wrong product? All these questions can be solved when you understand Barnes and Noble’s Return Policy. This will explain what to do in situations like this.
We are putting our research into words. This article will be crucial because of the nature of the return policy Barnes and Noble uses. They have a very deep and lengthy return policy and you may get confused because of the variety of products and the source of purchase can be so wide. They have details which we will explain in a step-by-step process for a better understanding.
Understand Barnes and Noble Return Policy
We will explain what is stated in Barnes and Noble’s Return Policy. Let us divide our information category-wise which will solve your problems without wasting time. Have a look below to know more about their return policy.
- Textbook Rentals – You can return your textbook rentals but it needs to be in the same condition as compared to the time you purchased it. The return should be made within 21 days from the time of your purchase. You should take your decision on 21 days after which they will not accept your return.
- Marketplace Items – Items you purchase from the marketplace of Barnes and Noble can also be returned. You should return the item in 30 days. The item can be returned to its authorized seller. You should remember to mention this on the packing slip.
- Barnes and Noble Online Store – The Company also provides you an option to return their online store products. You will have 30 days to return your product. You should know that you cannot return the shrink-wrapped items once opened. Other items should be in the same condition.
- Barnes and Noble Retail Store – You can even return items bought from their store. All you need is the product in the same condition and the purchase receipt.
This was a detailed understanding of how return works at Barnes and Noble. The above list should come in handy when you decide to return an item back. This information will give you time to be prepared.
|Return Period||30 Days|
|Return Method||1. In-store|
|Refund Period||Within 10-14 Business Days|
|Refund Method||Original Mode of Payment|
|Official Website||Barnes and Noble Return Policy|
Items Restricted For A Return
Barnes and Noble will not accept items for a return which will be mentioned in this section. This is stated in their non-refundable items. Have a look at the complete list you cannot return and should buy it keeping this information in mind.
- NOOK Digital Content.
- Downloaded Purchase.
- Sparknotes PDF’s.
- Quamut Products.
- Gift Cards.
- Opened Shrink-wrapped Items.
- Bulk Order of 50 Items and above.
All these products come under non-refundable items. Hence you cannot return these items even after one hour from your purchase.
Barnes and Noble Covid-19 Update @ Store
Barnes and Noble have taken diverse safety measures, to keep all the valuable customers safe and healthy from the extensively spreading coronavirus. They keep all the stores and cafes clean and many more such as.
- We follow all the safety precautions and guidance provided by the government.
- They keep the store and cafe clean regularly throughout the day
- Social distance is maintained at the store.
- Clear protective shields at the counters.
- Everyone should wear a mask if they are inside the store.
- Regular temperature checks of booksellers.
- You can order online and pick it up from outside of the store. curbside delivery.
- They opened an online store as they know the outside situation and hence online order is possible 24/7.
As these are a few of the safety measure that is mentioned here. If you want to know more then you can visit the official website of Barnes and Noble Return Policy.
Barnes and Noble Shipping Process
You can think of this section as to how will you as a customer will return your items to Barnes and Noble. After you make the decision to return your product, you need to know how to return the product.
To return your product you have two options one is to go to the store itself and return it. The other option is to mail them through postal services. You can mail them through your selected postal services.
Barnes and noble provides you with a packing slip, therefore, it helps you to make your return. You should pack your product in a safe manner that will not harm the condition of the product. The packing slip must be attached to the box which will help the postal service to deliver it to the right address.
In case you lose your packing slip or don’t get one in the first place. You have one way out. follow the below instructions to complete your return without the packing slip.
- Open your Barnes and Noble account.
- Click on order status.
- Choose your order number.
- The seller’s address will be shown on it.
- Then email the seller with the return instructions.
This process is helpful when you don’t have your packing slip. Read the process carefully because without completing your return process you won’t get your refund.
Exchange Policy At Barnes and Noble
The Barnes and Noble Exchange Policy is similar to their return policy as the time limit for every category of items is the same. The only thing that will change is you will have to exchange your product with an identical product and not with some different products.
Exchange policy is kept in place when the product you purchase comes with a defect. To solve this situation they give customers an exchange of the same product.
Understand Barnes and Noble Refund Policy
The refund is the process after the return. When your Return process is completed and accepted then your refund process initiates. The refund policy also varies with the product and Barnes and Noble have mentioned it in such away.
- Textbook Rentals – When you successfully return textbook rentals, then you become eligible for a refund. You will get a full refund but the company will deduct $5 as a restocking fee from your refund.
- Marketplace Items – Within 30 days return the item to get a full refund on your product. Now, this refund process will only be confirmed after an inspection procedure of your returned product.
- Barnes and Noble Online Store – To make your refund possible you need to return the item within 30 days. The refund will be issued on your purchase price with any applicable taxes on your original payment. If you used Paypal to make your purchase then, you will receive a refund in the form of store credit
- Barnes and Noble Retail Store – The refund will be faster when you purchase it in the form of cash. When you make a purchase from a store you can easily go back and they will refund your cash in the form of cash.
This is the list of different products and how their refund will be treated. Keep this in mind so you don’t misunderstand the situation and it backfires you later.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Return Items Brought From Gift Cards?
Yes, you will have 60 days to return an item brought from gift cards.
Can I Return Nook Items?
Yes, You can return an audio-book within 14 days from your purchase.
Can I return an online purchased item?
Yes, you can definitely return any online purchased items.
Can you rent a book from Barnes and Noble?
Yes, they rent books to their customers.
How Can I Get In Touch With Barnes and Noble?
Call at this number to get to their customer service 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665). If you are outside the United States dial, 201-559-3882
Now, we have come to the end of this article. We will summarize the aspects included in the article. We started with Barnes and Noble Return Policy. What items you could not return and how will you be refunded. All of this is categorized into products.
We hope we solved your problems with our article. If there is anything you would like to share with us regarding Barnes and Noble or this article in particular then please write to us below in our comment box and we will reply to you as soon as possible. There are few other companies that have their return policy such as Reebok Return Policy, Macy’s Return Policy.