A price match policy allows the consumers to get a partial penny on their purchase. BestBuy is one of the major stores for electronic sales. The brand has become a household name in the country. Does the brand allow price match policies? Indeed, they do and Best Buy price match policies have upgraded over the years. Let us discuss the details of the same in this article.
Does Best Buy Price Match?
Yes, with few guidelines, rules and exceptions Best Buy price match with other stores locally and online. For immediately available new products, the brand will price match with its competitors. They exclude price matches for products which are on clearance sale, open-box items and refurbish purchases. Unless the product is new, that purchase will be available for a price match.
What Qualifies For A Best Buy Price Match?
Best Buy price match only allows other stores to price match with some terms and conditions. A brand asks its consumers to follow the rules before they do price matches. Following guidelines will help you know which points to be followed for the same.
- Only specific competitors are eligible for price matches.
- A product must be the same i.e., the colour, size and model number have to be exact.
- Only a new product will qualify for a price match
- The orders typically have a 15 days limited time for exchange or returns. The process should be done within the given period.
- Only the products available at Best Buy and their competitors at the exact time will be eligible for price match.
With Whom Best Buy Price Match?
Although Best Buy is a great buzz in the United States, there are many competitors to beat the brand. There are many other brands with whom Best Buy’s price matches. Best Buy price match locally and online with the running competitors. The list of them is as follows:
Who is Considered to be a Local Competitor?
Any retail store selling new factory sealed products within a 25-mile radius of Best Buy would be considered a local retailer. In case of an online purchase from bestbuy.com, the local retailer will be any retail store selling new factory sealed products within 25 miles radius from the shipping address or the billing address.
Best Buy Price Match Process
As you know, the brand prices match online and in-store, let us discuss how exactly you can start the process.
1. Online: To price match a product online you have to
- Select a qualifying product.
- Check that the product selected is eligible for price match
- Make sure that the product is identical to competitors’ product
- Ensure the product is available in the stores at the same time
- The Best Buy price match is available by calling: (1-888-237-8289) or via chat on the Best
2. In-store: Certainly the products are available for price match locally as well. To do so, you have to
- Make sure the product is matched with the competitor’s product
- Ensure the product is available in both the stores
- Present the product to the nearest Best Buy store
- Show that the product is at a low cost on another competitor’s website
- After the proof is shown, they will verify and review the product
Best Buy Special Considerations for Price Match
There are other special considerations that Best Buy follows. Go through the following points to know about those special considerations.
- Best Buy’s price match guarantee does not include products that are bought from third-party websites.
- During the returns and exchange period, if the brand lowers the price of their product, they will match the lower price on request
- Products are price matched during the launch with other competitors online and locally
- Best Buy price match online products with in-store and vice versa
- One customer is only eligible for a price match one per product.
Will Best Buy Price Match With Warehouse Club?
Yes, Best Buy price match suggests that they will match prices with warehouses as well unless and until they come under the definition of “local competitor.” So before you process the price match, please look into this and confirm whether the store is a local competitor or not.
Will Best Buy Match Competitor’s Service Charges?
If you are ordering from bestbuy.com, you should note that Best Buy may not match prices as it is. Even if you are trying to match the prices of a local competitor, Best Buy will not match service charges as they may vary from company to company.
Does Best Buy Kiosk Price Match?
Yes, they do actually but the sole condition for it is that you can not price match before your purchase. Another thing to note, you can match the price of your purchase only via call or online chat. They will not allow any request made in-store.
How To Price Match Item Scheduled For Delivery?
If Best Buy lowers the price of an item that is due for delivery, then they will refund the 100% difference. Although to price match a scheduled delivery, you only have the option to call the Best Buy customer care at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). You can not visit the store for a price match under this condition.
Will Best Buy Price Match in Case of Pricing Error?
You may stumble upon a situation where the online price of a product might not be true and you end up buying the item for more. So will Best Buy price match in such a situation? No, they will not price match but they will give the difference in form of a refund. The best solution for you would be to return your best buy purchase using the Best Buy return policy and get a full refund instead.
When Can I Not Price Match?
The Best Buy price match guarantee offers wide opportunities to get extra bucks. They also have some exceptions ruled out for consumers that expect price matches. The price match policy of Best Buy is the same whether you buy the product online or in-store. Let us drive you through the exception points that you have to keep in mind while doing price matches.
- Third-party seller products are excluded from the policy
- Products with gift cards, coupons, free items, mail-in offers are not eligible for price match
- Clearance sales, open box items, redone items and pre-own items are not allowed for price match
- Items in a sale before Black Friday and till Monday are not eligible for price match
Does Best Buy Do Price Adjustment?
Yes, Best Buy do price adjustments within 15 days of the limit. Refurbish, open box items and clearance products are not eligible for price match. If the purchase made has a price difference then you can visit the store with proof and do a price match. The store will verify and take the necessary steps that will owe you some bucks. The difference amount will be given to you with the same mode of payment.
Hacks to Save More Bucks
Best Buy is the best buzzing store in the U.S. that provide wide electronic sales. The store is a go-to electronic place for everyday electrical merchandise. You can save some penny by following other recommendations as well.
- Gift Cards: There are speciality gift cards for travel, gaming, retail, restaurants, TV and movies. Apart from this, there are gift cards for occasions like birthdays, thank you and weddings.
- Get a membership: When you buy a membership, you will get great goodies with it. Free tech support 24/7, free installations for new purchases, free 2-day shipping, 24 months of product protection and 60 days returns & exchange window.
- Reward Points: You will certainly get reward points by being a My Best Buy member. Apart from that, you will get exclusive deals and free shipping.
- Sign In: While making an account on the official website, you will be eligible to avail best offers online and in-store as well.
- Best Buy Credit Card: Get 10% back as a reward on your first purchase with the help of a Best Buy credit card. For elite plus cardmembers, 6% cashback is rewarded. Every day buyers will get 5% cashback on every purchase.
These points will help you save extra bucks while shopping from Best Buy. Avail of the offers and start shopping without worrying about your pocket.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Best Buy price match Crutchfield?
Best Buy's price match products sold by and shipped from Crutchfield. You can match the price within 15 days of purchase.
2. Does Best Buy price match Apple products from Amazon?
Yes, Best Buy price match apple products that are the same in all aspects. (colour, size, & model number)
3. Does Best Buy price match Costco?
Yes, Best Buy price match policy allows its customer to price match with Costco.com to request lower prices depending on the difference in the amount of purchase.
4. Does Best Buy price match Newegg?
While Best Buy permits price matches for all its competitors, Newegg is not one of them.
5. How to request best Buy price match in store?
You can visit the store and talk to a customer specialist or customer service desk to request Best buy price match.
Be aware of the brands with whom you can do a price match. The Best Buy price match policies will guide you when you request a price match and easily help you to save money. Every customer can help themselves with this guide and shop more to save more. You can make some savings while following price match criteria. Saving some extra money is never a bad idea. Is it?