Guitar Center is the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to musical instruments. However, nowadays it’s common to find similar items at lower prices elsewhere. This begs a question, does Guitar Center price match?
If yes, then whom do they price match? This article covers all the specifics regarding price match & adjustments at Guitar Center.
Table of Contents
Does Guitar Center Price Match?
Yes, they do. You can match other retailers’ lower prices at the time of in-store or online purchase. Under the Guitar Center price match policy, the item should be identical and in stock at the competitor.
Also, price match requests should meet certain conditions. The store associate may also verify the competitor’s item and pricing before providing discounts.
Criteria of Guitar Center Price Match
Before jumping straight into the price match process, let me give you some insights into the fundamental criteria for price matching at Guitar Center.
- The item must be identical in color, size, and other measuring requirements.
- Discounts or coupons applied on purchases will not be applicable for price matches.
- Limited-time offers/discounts and coupons are not eligible for price matching.
- The item should be in stock at the competitor’s site
Guitar Center Price Match Process
You can match the competitor’s price at your nearest Guitar Center store or contact them while placing your online order. However, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
In the online process, complete checkout prices must be included in the price comparison. To start the online process call them at 866-498-7882 or start a live chat by going to their contact page.
Let them know all the necessary information about the price matches. After verification of your proofs, they will fulfill and lower the price of the product.
To start with an In-store price match request. Carry the hardcopy or digital proof of the competitor’s advertisement to your nearest Guitar Center store. After looking from all the perspectives if your item qualifies they will reduce the price of the product.
Exceptions for Matching Price
You need to be aware of a few caveats in the process. In order to apply properly, you should know these few exceptions.
- Guitar Center will only price match with the US retailers.
- Other retailers’ discontinued or out-of-stock products will not be included in price matching.
- Customers can only price match one item.
- You won’t be able to price match with third-party sellers.
- Price matching isn’t possible with items that are on sale or clearance items.
- Photocopies or printouts are not acceptable forms of proof for price match verification.
- Pricing errors are not eligible for price matching.
Guitar Center Price Adjustment Policy
Do you know Guitar Center also allows price adjustments after your purchase? Yes, if Guitar Center lowers its price within 45 days of your purchase, you can get a partial refund of the difference amount upon request. You can compare your price with their online store as well.
After a successful claim of price adjustment, you will get your refund of the difference amount to your original mode of payment.
Conditions for Price Adjustment
Just like price match, the Guitar Center price adjustment policy also lists some conditions to claim price adjustment.
- Bring in the proof of lower price when visiting Guitar Center store.
- You need to provide the original receipt of payment.
If you fail to meet their requirements and still looking to get that low price, we suggest you take a look at the Guitar Center return policy. With help of this, you can return your item, get a refund, and order once more at a lower price.
How to Save More at Guitar Center?
Guitar Center provides the best deals on music items. But still, there are some ways by which you can save more.
- Shop during their blowout Sale.
- Purchase from their Clearance section.
- Buy refurbished products.
- Sign up for their newsletter
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I submit price adjustment request after 45 days?
No you cannot and if you did your request will be declined then and there.
2. Are all products included in Price adjustment policy?
All the items you see online apply to Guitar Center's price adjustment policy.
3. Can I adjust prices without a receipt?
If you have misplaced your original purchase invoice, it will be difficult to price adjust. Kindly contact their customer service to find out a solution 866-498-7882.
4. With whom does Guitar Center price match?
Guitar Center price match with all of its identical rivals.
In the end, we can say that the Guitar Center price match and adjustment policy works really well if you want to save on your favorite musical instruments.
It’s fairly easy if you bring proof of lower pricing from the competitor. You might want to check the Best Buy and GameStop price match policy to know if they provide competitive prices on the products or not.