Looking for ways to shop with a light pocket? Here we have an amazing solution to it. Price matching is a way of saving some bucks while shopping from different remarkable brands. One of these brands is Home depot which gives Home Depot price match guarantee on their goods. The brand certainly allows price match with its competitor brands. While they allow price match, by that you have to respect some of the rules and the process they offer.
Does Home Depot Price Match?
A simple answer is Yes!, the Home Depot price match guarantee allows price comparisons for both online and in-store purchases. You may either request a price match before paying for an item or within 30 days after the purchase. A competitor’s proof of lower pricing is very necessary to claim your price match.
Aside from this, the brand also has extensive rules that customers can refer to before doing a price match. Home Depot have some exclusions that are not eligible for price match.
What are the Home Depot Price Match Conditions?
Home Depot will price match any retailer as long as the product is identical in every aspect. They have set some rules besides giving a price match guarantee. Following are the criteria that every consumer has to follow while doing a price match at Home Depot.
- Ensure the product are of the same make, model and brand with the same size and colour
- The products that qualify to be in stock will only be eligible for price match
- The selected product has to be available at the competitors’ place for sale
- Products of an online competitor that can be sent to the buyer’s location
- Exclusions products list will not be eligible for price match
Who Are Home Depot Competitors?
Home Depot pricing is pre-checked and they will price match to beat it by 10%. The prices match online with localised online prices and also allow price match with brick-and-mortar stores. There are some of the known competitors of Home Depot who do prices match. Check out the list of competitors given below.
Home Depot Price Match Process
There are two ways of doing a Home Depot price match. Certainly, if the brand finds out some difference in the amount, they will provide a 10% discount and give you a refund. The two ways of price match are online or in-store.
1. Online: Before making an online purchase, make sure you request a price match by contacting customer support or calling 1-800-466 3337. Canadian residents can visit homedepot.ca to start the process of price matching online. To price match the product online you have to
- Ensure the product is in-stock at both the websites that can be sent to your location
- Present proof of competitors’ low prices to the customer support
- Make sure the product is identical in terms of brand, model number and make
2. In-store: You can request a price match in person at your nearest brick-and-mortar store. For an in-store price match, you have to –
- Present proof of lower prices through printouts, flyers, photos or website screenshot
- Ensure that the items are available in both the stores at the same time and are out for sale
- The products should be the same in every aspect
- A store associate or manager may also contact the competitor for pricing information to verify your request.
- The price will be lowered at the checkout if the item qualifies under their price match policy.
What are the Exclusions to Home Depot Price Match?
Home Depot price match policy states some exclusive products to which a price match guarantee is not applicable. Check out the following exclusions for price match.
- Custom made and configure products from the competitor
- The sale or pre-discount products of the store or online
- Discontinuous, close-out prices, clearance and liquidate products
- Open box, display or previously damaged merchandise
- Unspecific offers, leash, and financing offers
- Price offerings from membership-based wholesalers.
- Taxes, financing programs, and home services products
Will Home Depot Price Match Competitor’s Service Charges?
It doesn’t matter whether you buy from your local Home Depot store or online, price matching is not possible with other retailers’ professional services such as installation and labor costs.
Does Home Depot Price Match with Auction Sites?
Home Depot does not offer price matching with bidding & auction site pricing. This goes for both online & in-store purchases from the retailer.
Will Homedepot.com Match Competitor’s Shipping Prices?
Home Depot’s price match guarantee includes a product’s price plus shipping costs for your location. Note that the retailers won’t match on competitor’s sales tax charges.
Will Home Depot Price Match with Competitor’s Pricing Errors?
No! A Home Depot associate can contact a competitor for pricing information. The retailer doesn’t allow price matching with any competitor’s online pricing errors & misprinted ads.
Does Home Depot Do Price Adjustments?
Home Depot states that they have the power of lower prices. They can beat the other competitors by 10% prices. If any of the products are brought by consumers for price match they will get a 10% discount. A Home Depot’s price adjustment policy certainly states some rules that consumers have to follow.
- Consumers have to strictly do the procedure within 30 days of purchase
- Although the product is the same in size and colour, it has to have an identical serial number and making
- Ensure that the product is available in competitors’ stores or online
- It should definitely not be an exclusive product
Note: The store manager or customer support desk will make a final call on your price adjustment request. If you fail to claim your partial refund, you may return your item to Home Depot in compliance with their return policy.
Ultimate Guide To Save More Bucks!
As soon as you are aware of the Home Depot price match policy, furthermore, you can use other tricks to save money. Home Depot represent itself as a brand with the lowest price tags. Certainly, it is true but at the same time, there are other things through which you save some more money.
- Credit Card Offers: While you claim a credit card, you can save up to $100 on every purchase. There are four credit cards Consumer, Project Loan, Pro XXXtra, and commercial credit card. You can avail of different offers by claiming different credit cards. Visit the official site of Home Depot to know more about these credit cards.
- Home Depot Gift Cards: As long as there are gift cards, your shopping experience will be interesting. They make your home shopping easier than ever. There are different gift cards that you can use like Traditional gift cards in a variety of designs, E-gift cards, reload gift cards and a group gifting card. Explore more the Home Depot gift card site.
- Everyday Offers: Visit the official site and go to special offers. That section will help you pick out home appliances at the best prices. They have an everyday offer which helps you to get a product you want at a discount.
- Special Buy of the Week: The online site provide home appliances at a lower price in the special buy of the week section. We recommend you make an account to get daily deals and discount emails and notifications. It will keep you updated on new offers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What qualifies as a proof when requesting for Home Depot price match?
The Home Depot needs flyers, printouts, photos or a screenshot to verify the lower prices. They will also check with the local store.
2. Does the price match policy applies on tools, delivery and home services?
No, tools, home services and deliveries are exclusions and the Home Depot price match policy does not apply to them.
3. Does the site price match Amazon.com?
Yes, the site indeed price matches Amazon as long as the products are available on Amazon.com and not sold by third-party.
4. Does Home Depot price guarantee apply on shipping costs?
No, the price match policy only applies to the price of the product excluding shipping.
5. Does Home Depot price match Walmart?
Yes, Home Depot offers its price match with Walmart. You can provide proof and Home Depot will give you the difference amount as the same mode of payment.
It is best to check online & local store prices of an item before buying from Home Depot. The Home Depot price match policy helps you to match prices as long as you have proof of lower offerings from competitors. There are some clear restrictions on price matching that you must know while shopping. It is advisable to keep an ad or photo of a competitor’s lower price before you hit the store. This way you’ll be able to get lower prices easily on daily purchases that you make and the best out of it.