As the customer’s purchasing behavior keeps on changing, the retailers also have to make some changes to their policies and strategies. JCPenney is one retailer which will make your shopping experience efficient through JCPenney price match policy.
Have you heard of the price matching policy? Even if you haven’t, no need to worry. This article will explain everything about price matching, its process, criteria, and exclusions.
Does JCPenney price match its competitors?
Yes, it offers a JCPenney price match policy which is known as the “Lowest Price Guarantee Policy”. The request is accepted within 14 days of purchase only.
This policy allows you to claim a partial refund if you find the lower price for the identical item at any of its competitor stores.
Criteria For JCPenney Price Match
To claim a price match you need to meet certain criteria and conditions. Here is a portion of the requirements referenced on their site you must keep in mind.
- The product must be identical in every aspect.
- The item should be in-stock in both stores.
- Must bring the original receipt and valid advertise price proof.
- Item must be sold by a direct retailer, not a third party.
Note: JCPenney can reject your request if you failed to meet any of the requirements.
JCPenney Price Match Exclusions
There are so many items that are not eligible for price match. There still stand some exclusion points that you must know.
- Items sold on sales, offers, clearance, or any discount will not be price matched.
- Items sold on open boxes, merchandise, outlet, etc are excluded.
- Services charges such as salon, flooring, and shipping are not on the policy.
- Misprinted advertisements or errors are excluded.
JCPenney Eligible Competitors
On their website, they have mentioned that JCPenney price match any of the retailer’s in-store and online prices. However, their prices match most of the retailers, you can have a look at some top competitors of JCPenney in the table below.
How to Process JCPenney Price Match?
You can redeem your JCPenney price match in two ways. Either online or in-store. In both ways, you have to follow a certain procedure.
If you have purchased the item from the local store. The price matching can be done either at the time of purchase or even within 14 days of purchase.
- Carry the original receipt and the proof of advertised price with you.
- Visit the nearest store in your area.
- Ask the manager or an associate for a price match.
- They will verify the proof and receipt, and check all the eligibility criteria.
- Once your request is approved for a price match they will immediately execute the refund process.
If you make a purchase online and the price drops at another store or on their website, you can claim a price match. Simply contact customer care at 1-800-322-1189.
Make sure your order detail and required advertised price proof is with you. Once they verify your proof and accept your request. They will immediately refund you the difference amount.
Note: You can visit the official website to inquire more about the JCPenney price match.
Does JCPenney do Price Adjustments?
Yes, JCPenney’s price adjusts its online prices to in-store prices and vice versa within 14 days of purchase. If the item you recently purchased goes on sale or the store lowered its price, you can claim a price adjustment.
However, you need to provide the original receipt and the id proof for verification. You can request price adjustments online as well as in-store.
Refund For Price Match and Adjustment
Certainly, they will verify the proof you submitted and check the eligibility criteria. If you are eligible they will immediately price adjust as per your request. They will process the refund in a few days.
You will get the refund through the original mode of payment done while shopping or through store credit. The store credit can be used in your next purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does JCPenney allows price match after purchase?
Yes, JCPenney allows you to request a price match within 14 days of purchase.
2. Does JCPenny price match Amazon.com?
Yes, JCPenny will price match Amazon as well as other eligible competitors.
3. How long does JCPenney sale last?
Normally, JCPenney sales ends in 7 days starting from Monday to Sunday. However it depends on the type of sale.
4. Does JCPenney price match online?
Yes! it does price match online and even offline.
To reduce shopping expenses and save some extra bucks we always recommend knowing about the JCPenney price match and price adjustment policy. There are also many other ways you can look to save more and have an efficient shopping experience.