For the majority of U.S. retail chains, price matching is a common way of staying on top of the competition and winning more customers. Kohl’s is surely a top fashion and home goods retailer. – So it’s an obvious question – does Kohl’s price match its competing stores? Here are the answers to all your questions.
Table of Contents
Does Kohl’s Price Match?
For those who wonder, Kohl’s does actually match competitors’ prices as well as pricing listed on Kohl’s.com. Kohl’s retail stores only price match competitors’ in-store prices.
To match an online price, you’ll have to purchase from Kohls.com.Kohl’s price match states that both items should be exactly identical and you’ll need proof of the competitor’s current ad.
Special Considerations for a Kohl’s Price Match
Just like other policies, Kohl’s price matching is also subject to some conditions. Customers should be aware of the following key points.
- For an in-store price match, you must have a print of the competitor’s ad./offer showing a lower price for the same product.
- The ad should include the competitor’s current sale price and a description of the product.
- Kohls.com and its local stores have the right to set limitations on quantities of price match at a time.
Can I Apply Coupons to a Price Matched Products?
No, Kohl’s doesn’t allow additional coupons, dollar-off, or percentage-off discounts if you’re getting a price match on a product. Both online & in-store purchases are subject to either a price match or coupon/discount offers. You cannot get both.
Can I Pay with My Kohl’s Cash or Kohl’s Reward When Price Matching at Kohl’s?
Yes, you are free to redeem your Kohl’s Cash or Kohl’s Reward points during price matching. It is also possible for customers to earn reward points on eligible items when price matching.
Can I Get a Price Match on a Kohls.com Purchase?
Kohl’s.com only price matches competitors’ website prices as long as their product is identical to the one sold on Kohls.com. Note that the competitor should have physical stores and an online presence and it should not be a wholesale retailer.
The competitor’s product should be – new & in-box and the price has to be verifiable on the competitor’s website. Any unverifiable details like a competitor’s sale price or a full description of the item may result in denial of your price matching request.
How to Claim Price Match At Kohls?
There are two methods of receiving a price match on Kohl’s purchase. It depends on whether you are purchasing online or visiting a local Kohl’s store.
1. For Kohls.com Purchase
If you see an identical item from a competitor, sold at a lower price than Kohls.com, then call their customer service team at 855-564-5705 before placing your online order. The associate will verify the competitor’s pricing and assist you to claim a price match on that item.
2. In-store Price Match
Find your nearest store and bring a copy of a competitor’s ad displaying an identical product for a current lower price. The ad should clearly include a description and current pricing. The store associate will verify your request before lowering the price.
What Can Not Be Price Matched at Kohls?
Although most items are eligible for a price match, certain categories of items are excluded from any store promotions & discounts including price matching. Here are the exclusions. –
- Kohl’s Cares merchandise
- Sephora items at Kohls’s
- Any Marketplace item
- Offers advertised by Kohl’s or any competitor during Thanksgiving week and the week after.
Kohl’s Price Adjustment Policy
So far, you know that Kohl’s price matching is possible when you are making your online or in-store purchase. But what if Kohl’s reduces the right after your purchase. A Kohl’s price adjustment is simply a partial refund for already purchased items from a store or website.
Kohl’s offers a 14 days price adjustment policy. You’ll get a partial refund of your money if you have the original receipt and request a price adjustment within 14 days of purchase.
What Are the Conditions for Price Adjustment?
Besides the above points, the following conditions apply to price adjustments.
- Your purchase should be at a sale price or regular price of the item.
- The price drop should be on the exact same item within 14 days of your purchase.
- You must have the original sales receipt of your purchase.
- Your initial purchase shouldn’t be a Buy One, Get One (BOGO) deal.
- The current item price shouldn’t be on a buy one, get one (BOGO Promotion) offer.
- The item shouldn’t be Kohl’s Cares merchandise.
- Your purchased item shouldn’t be on their Exclusions list.
Can I Get a Price Adjustment During Thanksgiving week?
Just like price match, Kohl’s also doesn’t allow price adjustments during Thanksgiving week as well as for the week after that.
Can I Get a Price Adjustment for Clearance Discounts?
No. Kohl’s doesn’t allow price adjustment if a purchased item drops its price because of a clearance markdown. You may also get a refusal on price adjustment during certain promotional events.
What to Do for Clearance Discounts?
Kohl’s offers easy returns on eligible items. So, if your purchased item drops the price due to a clearance markdown, you may consider returning it and purchasing it again at a lower price.
How Do I Request a Price Adjustment at Kohls?
If you qualify for a price adjustment on online purchase from Kohls.com, you have two options. Either talk to their online support associate or visit any close by Kohl’s store. For in-store purchases, you must go back to your local store and talk to any associate for price adjustment.
When will I Get My Refund for My Price Adjustment?
For a successful price adjustment, Kohl’s team will immediately issue a partial refund to your original form of tender. Depending on your bank’s processing time, your refund may take up to 7 days to appear in your account statement. If you don’t see the amount after 7 days, contact their customer service via call or the Ask Us button on the website.
Save on Your Next Kohl’s Purchase
There are many more ways to save your money aside from Kohl’s price match & price adjustment. The retailer offers many ways to get significant discounts, both in-store & online.
- Keep an eye on their mystery box offers which may help you save up to 40% on some items.
- Sign up for Kohl’s rewards program to earn 5% reward points on every purchase. You’ll also get amazing perks including a special birthday gift.
- Visit their online & in-store friends & family section which offers around 20 to 30% off.
- Add items to the wishlist and purchase them during Black Friday sales.
- Signing up for their emailing list may sound unnecessary burden, but you could save up to %15 on your next purchase by receiving a heads-up notification.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I request a price match after my purchase?
Yes!, if the price of your purchased item goes down within 14 days of your purchase, Kohhl's will adjust the price by giving you a partial refund of your money.
2. Can I adjust the price of my online order at Kohl's store?
Yes! you'll have to visit a store within 14 days of purchase for a partial refund. You may also talk to their customer service team at 855-564-5705 for assistance.
3. What kind of proof does Kohl's need for a price match?
Kohl's requires customers to present competitor's ad displaying current lower price with a clear product description.
4. Does Kohl's store price match Amazon?
Yes! Except for Amazon, Kohl's store doesn't price match any online retailers. Your best bet is to visit the store and reach out to any executive.
Also, Remember This
You should do proper research on pricing before purchasing Kohls’s. Kohl’s price match policy allows you to match identical item prices with all major online & in-store (non-wholesale) retailers.
Additionally, you are eligible for a partial refund if your purchased item drops the price within 14 days of purchase. Note that some exclusions apply to both cases. You may want to check Nordstrom and Michaels price match policies to know if the renowned stores provide the theory or not.