What’s worse than deliberating over a significant purchase for a while just to find out later that it might have been available for less. Many asks do Macy’s price adjustment policy exist? We found exactly that and here is our guide to help you through it.
What is Macy’s Price Adjustment Policy?
With the help of Macy’s price adjustment, you can request the price difference of a product you already purchased. This can be only done within 10 days from when your order was placed or purchased.
You also have 30 day adjustment period for Apple products other than iPhones. However, you can request a price adjustment on an iPhone after 14 days from the purchase.
Price Adjustment Period
2. Apple iPhone 14 Days
3. Other Apple Products 30 Days
Macy’s Price Adjustment Requirements
You can apply for a price adjustment if you find that your iPhone is now available at a lower price. This is applicable within 14 days of purchase. However, for other Apple products, the adjustment period is extended to 30 days from purchase.
You can request a price adjustment on all of Macy’s products within 10 days of purchase. This can only be done if the purchase was not made using a promotional code.
Macy’s does offer price adjustments on their Furniture and Mattress sales. But this should be done no later than 10 days from purchase.
How to Request a Price Adjustment at Macy’s
As we mentioned above price adjustment will be applicable to online and in-store purchases. Macy’s has a specific adjustment period for some of its items. As long as you pass their eligibility criteria, your request for Macy’s price adjustment will be acceptable.
Submit Price Adjustment Online
To submit a Macy’s price adjustment online, you need to start a live chat. You can do this by clicking the “Chat Online” on their website. This link is visible most days from 9 Am to 12 Am. If your price adjustment application is granted, you will get a refund of the variation.
This will be credited to the original mode of payment. The following information will help you with certain pieces to share in live chat to expedite the request process.
- Order Number with an Email address
- Full Name with the Shipping address
- Items that need a price adjustment
- Date of purchase if there was a sale ongoing
- Promotion Code (If Relevant)
- Reason for Chat: Price Adjustment
It’s also worth noting that Macy’s does not accept price adjustment requests filed via 3rd party apps. This is done to protect customer safety and confidentiality. That implies that if you see an app asserting to help you adjust Macy’s prices, it’s not genuine. Simply use Macys.com.
Note: Remember that Macy’s does not ask you for your account number. To safeguard your online information, we advise that you do not share your account number in any chat interaction.
Request Macy’s Price Adjustment on Apple Products
For the price adjustment on Apple iPhone or any other Apple product, you can send them an Email for Price Adjustment. You need to have the original purchase receipt by your side for verification. Also, give the order number for tracking your purchase information.
Apply for Macy’s Price Adjustment on Furniture and Mattress
Price adjustment works somewhat different for major purchases such as furniture and mattresses. Live chat won’t be helpful here. Instead of chatting or filling out an online form, send an email to [email protected].
If you wish to price adjust the item which is currently on sale, you need to submit a request within 10 days from the time of purchase. This is applicable for any White Glove, In-Home, Room of Choice, Shipping from Warehouse or Vendor.
Buyers must entail some such info with their application to be eligible for a price adjustment. This includes the following:
- Number of the Sales Check
- Email address with Full Name
- Products that need a price adjustment
- Sale Event or Date
- Shipping Address
- Promotion code (If applicable)
- Purpose of Inquiry: Price Adjustment
If Macy’s accepts your adjustment request, you will get your refund through an original mode of payment.
Macy’s Price Adjustment Exceptions
There are few exceptions in this case as Macy’s online and physical stores operate independently.
- Not all items are available in both outlet and online stores.
- The pricing of items differs in both cases.
- You won’t be able to claim the price difference if you’re comparing online items with items purchased from the store.
- You can apply for adjustments if you purchased with coupons or in discount.
- Free shipping or rewards accessible with online orders do not apply to Macy’s store purchases.
Does Macy’s Price Match?
Here’s the quick response: yes and no. But don’t sweat, we’ll explain this in more detail so that it makes sense. In the case of Macy’s, it only offers the option of a price match with some specific competitors. For instance, Macy’s does not price match with Amazon, Best Buy, or Target.
Where Can I Price Match?
The Macy’s price match policy comes with a few sets of specific guidelines that you need to follow. You can submit a claim for the price difference if the item appears to meet the criteria below.
Items bought from Macy’s official website, adhere to several different principles.
- You can compare the lower price and make a wish to claim after 10 days of purchasing.
- While processing your refund, the payment method is crucial. The payment will be made in original mode.
- Refunds are subject to several conditions, including product availability.
The same explanatory considerations will apply if you purchased at Macy’s outlet. If Apple iPhone is bought, it also offers a time extension of 14 days. As a result, Macy’s adjusts their prices based on the aforementioned parameters.
If you’re unable to price match your item and wish to return it, you have the option to return it by Macy’s return policy.
Who Are Eligible Competitors?
It’s crucial to understand that Macy’s won’t lower its pricing just because you find a cheaper item on eBay or Amazon. Macy’s is well known for the price adjustments of their product for a select group of rivals.
Best Money-Saving Hacks at Macy’s
Aside from Macy’s price adjustment and price match service, there are other numerous ways to save money when shopping at Macy’s. Here are a few other tips to save money.
- Get Macy’s, Money Card. This is a part of a loyalty program, for every $50 you spend you get $10 as Macy’s money.
- Take advantage of free shipping applicable over $99.
- Sign up for Macy’s newsletter for promo deals, and other exclusive offers.
- Save 25% when purchasing from Macy’s app for the first time.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Macy's price match Walmart?
No! Macy's only price match with some of its competitors. Walmart isn't included in that list.
2. Where can I contact Macy's for my price adjustment?
You can get in touch with Macy's by calling them on (800) 289-6229 from Monday-Sunday 9 AM to 12 AM.
3. Is it possible to adjust the price at a Macy's store?
Macy's does allow their customers to adjust price within 10 days from purchase. You a do this for online orders as well as In-Store.
4. Can anyone get Macy's money card?
Yes! Anyone can apply for Macy's Money Card. This card allows you to shop with ease and you get rewards every time your purchase. Plus there are number of other benefits.
Macy’s price adjustment policy could come in handy and therefore we hope all our readers benefit from it. Remember the criteria and exclusions must be kept in mind to be eligible for the price adjustment. In case of any doubt, feel free to use our comment section below. You can also check Nordstrom and Kohl’s price match policies to know if they adjust the price or accept price matches.