Price matching has now become a really common strategy across major retailers. For art & craft lovers, Michaels is one of the go-to places. New shoppers may surely wonder – does Michaels price match with other competing stores & websites.
If yes, how to claim a price match? and what are the conditions? We’ll help you with all the answers.
Table of Contents
Does Michaels Price Match?
Yes! Michaels does price match. They will match the in-store and online prices of select competitors. Customers have 7 days to make their request for a price match.
Not only that, but they also promise to beat the lower price by 10% more. The product should be identical in nature and only then price match would be accepted.
Where Can I Match Price?
Michaels allows the customer to match the price on both their in-store and online products. Therefore you need to know how to price match for both kinds of purchases.
1. In-store Price Guarantee – Michaels stores will match the prices of any brick-and-mortar store or its select online retailers. In-store price match is possible both, at the time and within 7 days of purchase. Customers will have to bring an ad, print, or photo of the competitor’s price.
2. Online Price Guarantee – If you see an item you bought from Michaels.com at a lower price than its selected online competitors then their support team will help you match the price and beat it by 10%.
What Are the Michaels Price Match Conditions?
You need to ensure that you are eligible for a price match at Michaels before you make a request. Their policy is subject to the following conditions for in-store/online purchases both.
- Both items should be identical. ( i.e., same brand, color, size, weight, and model no.)
- The item should be in stock at the competitor.
- You cannot add Michaels/other retailers’ coupons on top of a price match.
- Michaels.com will not provide rainchecks if the item is out-of-stock items.
- The retailer may limit price matching per item per customer.
Can I Price Match Multiple Items at Once?
No! according to Michaels price match policy, you are only eligible to match the prices of one product per day. This is only valid in the US. Although it is not often that you will find a lower price than Michaels but if you do you can price match only once.
In case you have another product to price match to then we would suggest returning your product under the Michaels return policy. This will get your money back and you can purchase the lower-priced product.
Who Are Eligible Competitors?
When you visit a Michaels store, any local brick-and-mortar store is considered an eligible competitor. Besides in-store and online price matching is also possible with the following online retailers.
|Kohls||Office Depot||Babies R US||Party City||CVS|
|Hobby Lobby||Rite Aid||Family Dollar||Toys R US||At Home|
How Can I Avail a Michaels Price Match?
The process to claim a Michaels price match relies on your purchase method.
1. In-store Price Match
In-store price matching is possible both before and after the purchase. You may show a photo of the current ad. from any brick-and-mortar store.
The store will also be at the lower prices of select online competitors by 10%. If you’ve already purchased from the store, then you’ll have to visit a store within 7 days.
Note- The store manager has a right to check competitors’ pricing & product availability.
2. Online Price Match
If you see your Michaels purchase at a lower price at a competitor’s website within 7 days of purchase, contact their customer support team at 1-800642-4235. Their support team will help you get a partial refund of your original form of tender.
Michaels Price Adjustment Policy
Price adjustment simply refers to getting a partial refund if a retailer marks down the price of an item right after your purchase. Michaels.com also provides customers with this facility.
If an item drops its price within 7 days of your purchase from Michaels.com, then dial their team at 1-800-642-4235. Direct the executive on call to the product page and you’ll get your partial refund for eligible items.
Can Michaels Deny My Price Match Request?
Just like any policy, there are exceptions to the Michaels price match policy as well. To match the price at Michaels, you should make yourself aware of what is unacceptable.
- Wholesale pricing and membership-based retailers.
- Closeout, liquidation, clearance, refurbishment, special buys, doorbusters, and pre-owned & welcome offers appear on a website after they log in.
- Free offers/gifts, bundle offers, & rebates.
- Items sold by third-party sites or retailers. – i.e., third-party selling on eBay, Amazon, & Walmart.
- Pricing for services like custom orders (custom framing, floral, etc.)
- Price adjustment is not possible for pricing errors, limited time/quantity offers, gift card offers, or mail-in offers.
Ultimate Guide To Save More At Michaels
Besides taking advantage of the Michaels price match & adjustment policies, you have many other options to save money when shopping from Michaels. Here are some money-saving tips that you can use at Michaels.
- Michaels app works amazingly well to give alerts for time-specific discounts.
- Items with orange tags have the lowest possible price. So if you like that item, do not hesitate to grab the deal.
- Lookout on the website’s today’s deal page.
- If you are a regular shopper, then there is nothing better than buying the Michaels membership. You’ll get special access to deals and discounts.
- Holiday season sales are the biggest one. So keep your list ready before it’s too late.
- Seniors also get a 10% discount on their entire purchase.
- You can also sync your Tax-exempt status with your account and get benefits.
What is a Teachers Discount at Michaels?
This is a special offer just for teachers. Another good way to save money is if you are a teacher. Michaels will allow a 15% discount on your overall purchase. You can add your “Teacher” status to your Michaels account for hassle-free shopping.
It applies to both online and in-store purchases. Also, check out the exceptions in this policy for a beneficial shopping experience.
What is Military Discount?
It is as simple as it sounds. All military members can enjoy a 15% discount on their purchases. This would also include sale items.
It is available for both active members as well as veterans. You can avail yourself the discount on in-store purchases as well as online purchases. You can check out the exceptions on the Michaels website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Stores are unable to adjust the price for a Michaels.com order.
1. Is it possible to adjust the price at a Michaels store?
Michael's store will adjust the price within 7 days of your in-store purchase if a select competitor reduces the price. However, price adjustment on online purchases is not possible in-store. You'll have to contact Michaels customer service.
2. Does Michaels price match Amazon?
Yes! Michael's list of online competitors does include Amazon.com. Remember that the item on Amazon should be new without any membership or time-limited offer.
3. How do I request a price adjustment for Michaels.com purchase?
You'll have to contact their customer support team at 800-642-4235 within 7 days of your purchase.
4. Can I get a raincheck on out-of-stock items?
Unfortunately, Michaels won't allow a raincheck if an item on sale goes out of stock before you purchase it.
Also, Know This
Michaels price match policy offers price comparisons with select major online and in-store retailers. In-store price matching is also possible at the time of purchase. So, as a customer, it’s your responsibility to check pricing from other retailers before paying at the store.
Once you purchase, you’ll have 7 days to ask for a price adjustment at the store or online by calling their support team. You can also check out a similar guide that states Kohls & Nordstrom price match policies to help you start your price matches with ease.