You cannot count out Nordstrom as the top retailer of trendy clothing, shoes, make-up, and other accessories. Moreover, you may not have to pay full money to buy your favorite wearables with Nordstrom price match policy.
One easy way to save some bucks is to be clever and use the Nordstrom price match policy to your advantage. Although how and when Nordstrom will match the price of your product? Let us guide you.
Table of Contents
Does Nordstrom Price Match?
Yes! Nordstrom does actually price match with other major retailers. The website also displays limited-time price-matched offers for specific items. A Nordstrom price match is possible on two occasions – before & after the purchase.
If you see a lower price on one of its select competitors, then they’ll match that price at the time of purchase. Additionally, Nordstrom gives you 14 days after shipment to claim a partial refund in case a competitor marks down the same item’s price.
What Are the Nordstrom Price Match Conditions?
A Nordstrom price match is subject to the following conditions.
- Both items must be exactly identical. Including color & size.
- The item should be available in stock. Both at Nordstrom and its competitor.
- For an in-store price match/adjustment, you’ll have to present a current ad. or working link if the competitor’s product page.
- Nordstrom.com doesn’t process automated price matches/adjustments generated using third-party platforms.
Who are the Eligible Competitors?
Nordstrom’s price matches select competitors’ online and in-store prices. Here is a list. –
Besides the above retailers, Nordstrom will match/adjust prices with any vendor whose products they are selling at their stores.
How Do I Request An In-store Price Match?
First, make sure you have the current ad. or working link of the product listed by the competitor. Make sure that the item is eligible for a Nordstrom price match (You may refer to the below section).
- Pick the item from the store. Find a store associate and let him know that you want to match the price.
- Show them the ad. or product page on the competitor’s site.
- The associate will verify your request and lower the price during checkout.
Note that Nordstrom has the right to decline your request if they are unable to verify the competitor’s price or your request doesn’t comply with their policy.
What is Excluded From Nordstrom Price Match?
Just like other retailers, Nordstrom doesn’t allow price matching in some specific cases. Refer to the following exclusions.
- All price-matched offers displayed on their website are the final price that cannot be further lowered.
- Any items marked as limited-time sales and extra savings offers are not eligible for a price match.
- Nordstrom won’t price match other retail competitors’ gift card promotions, shipping offers, and order-lever discounts.
- You cannot price match with items on competitors’ outlet section, their flash sales, auction prices, club discounts, or marketplace prices offered by third-party sellers.
If you’ve already purchased the item and are unable to match a competitor’s lower price, consider returning the item to Nordstrom in compliance with its return policy.
Nordstrom Price Adjustment Policy
Nordstrom also offers a partial refund if they mark down the price of an item right after your purchase. This price adjustment promise is valid for 14 days once the item ships to your location.
Upon request, your refund amount will be credited back to the original form of payment you used to purchase the item. But as expected, there are some limitations to price adjustment also.
Exclusions to Nordstrom Price Adjustment
Following purchases are not eligible for a price adjustment at Nordstrom.
- Anniversary sales, daily deals, and beauty promotions.
- Designer merchandise that you purchase at a sale price.
- You can only price adjust an item one time.
- Nordstrom time to time runs limited-time sales and savings offers on pre-defined dates. Any purchases you make before these specific periods are not eligible for price adjustments.
Does Nordstrom Allow Third-Party Price Match Request?
Nordstrom does not allow a third-party request for price matching and price adjustments. It is strictly included in the exclusion section of the policy.
Nordstrom’s price matches the direct retail stores and not the services provided by a third party.
How Many Times Do Nordstrom Allow Price Match?
Just like every other retail store, Nordstrom’s price match policy states that they allow price match per item per day. Consumers cannot bring in multiple items for price match in the store or request them online. They have to compulsorily follow the rules mentioned in the policy.
Does Nordstrom Price Match Merchandise with Price Errors?
Nordstrom does not price match the products with pricing errors. They directly cancel the order and notify the consumer of the reason for the cancellation.
Pricing errors may only happen online on Nordstrom.com. The brand can change the prices on the website without notifying in advance.
How Do I Request Price Adjustment on Nordstrom.com?
If you purchase an item on Nordstrom.com and the retailer itself or a competitor lowers the price of that item then you may request a price adjustment online within 14 days of your shipment. Follow the steps. –
You’ll need your order number mentioned on the packing slip or your shipping confirmation email.
- Locate your order on the website.
- Follow the steps and submit your price adjustment request.
The team will review your request and if eligible, they’ll initiate your partial refund.
Will I get a Partial Refund After Nordstrom Price Adjustments?
The policy clearly states that Nordstrom will not accept the request for price adjustments. Once the product is verified and eligible for adjustment, the brand will provide a partial refund of the difference amount between products. It will reflect in the account in the same way the purchase was made.
Can I Price Match Previously Purchased Nordstrom Items?
No, you cannot price match previously purchased items from Nordstrom. Nordstrom.com states that they work hard to provide their customers with accurate pricing for all their products.
But, in some cases, there is a possibility that the items get less in stock and the price changes. In such cases, you are not allowed to compare the previous prices and request a price match or price adjustments.
Hacks to Save On Nordstrom Purchases
Although Nordstrom offers reasonable pricing for trendy items, some luxury and exclusive items may get a little expensive. The good thing is there is always a way to save some bucks on your purchase apart from saving from the Nordstrom price match policy.
Here are some shopping hacks that’ll help you lower the cost.
- You’ll get some of the best deals if you purchase during anniversary and half-year sales.
- Check out items from the rack outlet section. There are good chances you’ll find something at cheaper rates.
- Sign up to be a Nordstrom Rewards member. You’ll earn reward points on each item you purchase. Later, you can redeem these points for a discount.
- Get yourself a Nordstrom credit card. Aside from earning reward points, you’ll get user-exclusive discounts and perks.
- Find discount codes from promotional sites and use them for your next purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Nordstrom price match Amazon?
Yes! Nordstrom will match the with Amazon's identical items as long as they are sold and fulfilled by Amazon.
2. Will Nordstrom match a competitors price after my purchase?
Yes! As long as the item is available in-stock at both retailers, you can claim a price match for up 14 days after the shipping.
3. What kind of proof do I need for a price match at Nordstrom?
You'll have to present a competitor's current ad. or a working link of the product page to request a price match at Nordstrom
4. Nordstrom canceled my order without a reason, what should I do?
This may have happened because the actual price of a product is higher than what's displayed on the product page. If you've made the transaction during this pricing error, Nordstrom will cancel your order and notify you of the situation. If your order was canceled without notice, you may contact their customer specialist at 1.888.282.6060 to find out why.
You must do research on product pricing before heading to a Nordstrom store or website. With the Nordstrom price match policy, you can save some bucks during checkout.
Nordstrom will also adjust the price to its own or a competitor’s price for up to 14 days after the shipment.