PetSmart is a well-known and trusted name when it comes to buying anything for our beloved pets! But apart from providing a wide variety of products and services for your pets, they also aim at providing 100% satisfaction for the products that you purchase. They achieve this with the PetSmart Return Policy. Their policy is aimed at making the process of returning any product easy for their customers.
Our page will explain everything about how to return an online or in-store purchase. You will know exactly what items are excluded from returns and what do to if you no longer have the receipt available. Let’s start with what is the standard PetSmart return policy.
Table of Contents
What is PetSmart Return Policy?
PetSmart return policy allows customers a very convenient 60 days to return most of the product. The customer must ensure the product is in salable condition with its original packaging intact. You’ll also need a purchase to make your return easy and quick either to their store or by mail.
|Return Period||60 Days|
|Return Method||1. In-store
Are Online Returns Free At PetSmart?
PetSmart will send you a return shipping label to courier the item back to their warehouse. You can send the items via FedEx or any other reliable shipping carrier at your own expense. Customers are responsible for all return shipping fees.
Do I Need The Original Packaging?
Yes. You need to return unwanted items in their original product packaging unless it was damaged in the first place. PetSmart may deny returns or exchanges if the original packaging is missing.
How Can I Return PetSmart Products?
The easiest way to return your product is by visiting your nearby PetSmart store. You can return the online purchases to their store or by mailing the item back to them. However, Any purchases from the PetSmart store can only be returned to their store. Let’s see both of the options.
Return to a store
You can return your product to a PetSmart store regardless of whether you purchased it from their store, PetSmart.com, PetSmart mobile app, or DoorDash app. If you purchased a product from a store, simply take it back to the store with its original packaging. PetSmart return policy requires the product you want to return to be undamaged and in a saleable condition.
If you are returning an online purchase, you will have to bring the product in its original packaging along with the packing slip or the order confirmation email that you received during the delivery. These are required as proof of your purchase. Once you are at the store, approach any salesperson, and they shall be able to help you initiate your return.
Return by Mail
If for any reason, you are not able to visit the store then follow the simple steps to mail the returned item back to PetSmart.
- Pack the product and additional accessories (if any) securely with the packing slip that you received with your order.
- Select a reason for the return in the packing slip that you received with your product and remember to keep a copy of the packing slip with yourself.
- Next, call PetSmart’s Customer Care at 1-888-839-9638 and request a Return Authorization Number and shipping label. Include the Return Authorization Number in the package. Also, attach the shipping label to the top of the package.
- Finally, take your package to your nearest FedEx pick-up location. Remember to take note of the tracking number, to be able to track your package.
Note: As per the PetSmart return policy, you will have to pay all the shipping charges if you choose to return a product by mail. Also, PetSmart doesn’t allow exchanges on mail.
PetSmart Returns Without a Receipt
PetSmart will also accept returns/exchanges if the receipt is no longer available. This policy also goes for PetSmart returns with a receipt after 60 days. For this, you’ll have to take a valid ID proof to any PetSmart store and they will give you a store merchandise card of the recent sale amount instead of a refund.
PetSmart Returns Exceptions
The PetSmart return policy restricts returns or exchanges on the following items without having a receipt.
- Electronic items such as pet collars, fencing, and training items.
- Grooming tools
- Filters or pumps
- Non-prescription pet medication and vitamins
Ulta is another brand that allows returns without a receipt, you can check out its return policy.
Petsmart Return Policy Food
Surprisingly, many customers have reported that they were able to return even open bag food to PetSmart. This makes sense because your may or may not like the dog food. According to PetSmart Return Policy on dog food, you can return your dog food within 14 days of the purchase as long as it is in the original packaging.
You may be interested in looking at the Petco return policy on food as well.
PetSmart Exchange Policy
For Exchanges, you can simply follow the PetSmart Return Policy and its conditions. As we said, exchanges are not possible through the mail, so all that you have to do is take the product that you wish to exchange to a nearby PetSmart store, along with the receipt. If you are exchanging a product that now has a lower price, then they will give you a refund for your original form of payment.
|Exchange Period||60 days
|Exchange Method||1. In-store
PetSmart Refund Policy
For online returns, it’ll take 30 days to process your return. After that, they’ll initiate a refund to your original form of payment within 3-7 days. Remember that PetSmart return policy covers refunds only for the product’s purchasing price and not any shipping charges and gift wrap charges.
- If you had purchased the product with cash or with a debit card, you will be refunded the amount in cash.
- If you had purchased with a credit card then PetSmart will credit the refund amount to the same credit card.
- However, if the same credit card is not available, or if you paid through PayPal, google wallet, or a gift card then a merchandise return card will be issued to you.
- You can use this merchandise return card for future purchases from the store. Yet, please keep in mind that you cannot redeem the merchandise return card for cash.
|Refund Period||Within 7-10 Business Days
|Refund Method||Original Mode of Payment or in cash if purchased through a debit card
PetSmart Response To Covid-19
PetSmart cares about all their employees and the pet lovers entering their store. Due to the pandemics, they closed their store for some time and now they are open with certain necessary precautions. In-store, they are maintaining some precautions that are mentioned below.
- They are providing personal protective equipment, sanitizer, and masks to all associates working in the store.
- Covering the face with a mask is a new regulation for all the customers entering the store.
- They are also taking care of proper cleaning and sanitization regularly.
- They are maintaining social distancing by limiting the number of customers at a time in the store.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I contact PetSmart's Customer Care?
You can call PetSmart's Customer Customer Care at (888) 839-9638.
Can I return or exchange prescription medication products?
No, you cannot return or exchange prescription medication products.
How can I return a product without a receipt?
To return a product without a receipt simply take the product along with a valid ID to a PetSmart store.
How will I get a refund for returning a product without a receipt?
For such a return, they will issue you a merchandise return card for the most recent sale amount.
What are the return exceptions at PetSmart?
The return exceptions at PetSmart are applicable to the following products, for which you must have a valid receipt: Electronic merchandise, such as collars, fencing, and training items Grooming tools Filters or pumps Non-prescription pet medication or vitamins
Also to Keep in Mind
In a nutshell, the PetSmart return policy will help you return items within 60 days if you have the receipt. You can also return after 60 days but only for store credit.