Pottery Barn is one of the best go-to options when you want to decorate your house for parties and festivals. But what if the item doesn’t meet your expectation? There is nothing to worry about. What is more amazing than their products is their Pottery Barn Return Policy which helps their customer save money. With our guide, you’ll easily get an idea of which products are not returnable and how and when they’ll provide you with your refund.
What is Pottery Barn Return Policy?
Looking to return without a hassle? Use the Pottery Barn return policy for an easy 30 days return. You must carry the original receipt and return the item in its original condition. This way your return will be processed quickly. It also states that without a receipt you will not be eligible for a return. Also remember, if you are looking to return quick ship upholstery items, you will have 7 days less to return them.
How To Return At Pottery Barn?
You can return a product either to a Pottery Barn store or mail the item back by taking it to a UPS location:
Return to Stores: You can easily return most non-furniture items to any nearby Pottery Barn store. Simply take the product along with the original receipt or gift receipt to a store and ask a salesperson to guide you with the further return process.
Note – During temporary store closures to fight coronavirus, there are chances that you may not be able to return your item to the store. If that’s the case with you then call their customer support team and they’ll help you initiate a return online. The team may need some information from your receipt to provide you with a mailing label. You’ll get all the instructions to ship the item back to their facility.
Return via UPS: As per the Pottery Barn Return Policy, you may also choose to ship the item back during the 30 days return period. For this, simply follow the given steps:
- First, go to the Pottery Barn’s Returns page.
- Scroll down and choose whether the product that you want to return is a purchased item or the one you received as a gift and click on continue.
- In both cases you’ll have to provide necessary details like the order number, Zip Code (where the product was billed) and name of a gift recipient (to return gift items).
- Once you finish this process, you will receive a UPS shipping label. Pack the items you want to return securely to prevent them from getting damaged and attach the shipping label.
- Drop off the return package to a UPS location and you are all done. They will initiate your refund once the item reaches their distribution centre.
Extended Holiday Returns
Pottery Barn extends the return periods for any items that you purchase during the winter holiday season. You can return any purchase that you make between October 15 and December 26 and January 31. This is a great addition to the Pottery Barn return policy as you have more time to decide if you want to keep the holiday gift or return it.
What Can I Not Return at Pottery Barn?
Firstly, you cannot return or exchange any items without the original receipt or gift receipt. On top of this, the Pottery Barn return policy does not cover returns on some following categories of products.
- Gift cards
- Personalized and monogrammed items
- Custom upholstery and furniture
- Any item directly shipped from the vendor.
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $97, $98 or $99).
Pottery Barn Exchange Policy
The pottery Barn return policy page on their official website does not mention much about Pottery Barn Exchange Policy. So, we suggest you visit a Pottery Barn store and enquire whether it can be exchanged or not.
Pottery Barn Refund Policy
Now that you know everything about the Pottery Barn return policy and all non-returnable items, let’s see how you’ll get the refund after they receive your item back.
- If you are returning a gift with a gift receipt then you’ll get your refund in the form of a store merchandise credit.
- If you are returning with the original receipt then you’ll get the refund in the original form of payment.
- Delivery fees will not refundable if you are returning an online purchase.
- They’ll refund cash and check payments by mailing you a company check. This may take about 14 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I contact Pottery Barn's Customer Service?
You can contact Pottery Barn's Customer Service at 1.888.779.5176.
What items can I not return to Pottery Barn?
You cannot return the following items to Pottery Barn: Monogrammed items Mattresses Gift cards Made to Order items, including custom rugs and furniture Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9) Items damaged through normal wear and tear.
What is Pottery Barn's Policy for Registry Returns?
For the return of any items at Pottery, Barn Registry is within 90 days of your purchase.
What information is required to reprint a shipping label?
You can reprint a shipping label from the Returns page of Pottery Barn's official website. You will have to provide your Return Reference Number and either your Zip Code, Full Name, or your Order Number.
Delivery Fees are refundable or non-refundable?
As per the Pottery Barn Return and Refund Policy, delivery fees are non-refundable.
Also To Keep in Mind
If you are not happy with your purchase then the Pottery Barn return policy helps you return most of the items (except non-returnable items) within 30 days. The only exception to this 30 days timeframe is Quick Ship upholstery items which need to be returned within 7 days. Remember that with Pottery Barn, a receipt is a must for a successful return/exchange. If you still have any doubts then ask us in the comment section. Also, you can read Marshall’s Return Policy and Apple Return Policy.