A company with a price match policy owns the market and gains customer trust. Those companies provide competitive prices on the merchandise that they provide. One of such companies is Staples, 35 years old retail selling store that offers Staples prie match policy.
Staples price match policy is straightforward to understand. If you want to know more about it, go through these articles and get in-depth information while understanding the process.
Does Staples Price Match?
Yes, Staples in-store prices match with other competitor stores but Staples.com does not. Staples.com’s price match itself. If you find a product that is at a lower price within 14 days of your purchase, then and only then staples will refund the price difference.
The staples price match policy states varieties of exceptions and also includes important points to keep in mind while requesting a price match.
What are the Staples Price Match Condition?
A wide variety of merchandise is sold every day with great exposure to the brand. Staples price match policy is easy to understand and only applicable in-store.
ut, it does contain some of the very basic yet important rules that a consumer has to follow. The retail store price matches everything as long as they meet the following criteria.
- The product has to be necessarily identical
- Items should have the same components
- The warranty period of the items has to be the same
- Available items should be the same in every aspect like size, model number, and brand
- Products requested for a price match will only be accepted if they are in stock in-store or online
With Whom Staples Will Price Match?
Staples.com only price match itself whereas Staples in-store price match its competitors. Other retail stores are competitors which might provide lower prices than Staples.
The brand price matches those competitors by gaining customers’ trust and offering them a refund of the price difference. A list of those competitors is as follows.
Does Staples Price Match Competitor’s Offers?
If the products offered by competitors come with a mail-in rebate, gift cards or gift coupons, then staples do not allow price matches.
Staples will only pay the price difference between the products and not for discounts or free items. Even if the competitor offers free or discounts items price, Staples will not refund that amount.
Staples Price Match Process
The brand has a different outlook than other retail stores. Its price match policies have different intakes for its merchandise. Staples price match policy differs in-store and online.
Know about the details of the process and get information about how exactly you can price match at Staples.
1. Online: Satples.com does not price match with other competitors’ websites. If you find a product at a lower price after your purchase, you can request for price match online within 14 days of the time limit.
Only Staple.com will price match its merchandise with itself. Unless the product is not on offer or in clearance, it will be acceptable for price match. The product will be eligible for a price match only if it is available in stock.
2. In-store: Staples price match policy varies from Staple.com. The in-store policy will allow price match with other competitor retail stores but with certain conditions.
Following are the conditions which every customer has to follow.
- Price match of one merchandise, per customer, per day
- The product should be in stock
- The item has to be available and should be identical
- The product should be in its original form with the same serial number, brand, and size
How to Price Match at Store?
Visit the local Staples store to request a price match. You have to contact an associate at the store at the customer service desk. You have to put ahead of your query and ask for a price match with proof.
Once they verify the product in-store, they will process your query and credit the difference amount through the same mode of payment.
What is Included in Price Match?
Staples include almost everything that they sell for price match. As long as the items are identical including serial number and components, there will be no issue while price matching.
The items must have an identical U.S. warranty. The item or product must be available with another U.S. retailer. The products with service plans must have the plan, provider, and other terms same.
What is Excluded From The Price Match?
Generally, Staples offer a wide range of exceptions to save some bucks. They basically offer a price match for every merchandise available in-store.
But, at the same time, they exclude some of the offers and discounts. We have mentioned some of the exclusions below.
- Staples does not price match local or competitor’s events
- Black Friday, timed sales, clearance, cyber Monday, or grand opening
- Tech services, print, and marketing services
- Pricing stated with third-party vendors
- Promotional products, gift cards, and phone cards
- Apps sold on staples.com and in-store pickups
- Taxes, warranties, and merchandise credits
- Pricing and printing errors
Does Staples Do Price Adjustments?
Yes, Staples provide price adjustment facilities to its consumers. Within 14 days of the purchase, the retail store will count the merchandise bought as eligible for price adjustments. As long as the product is identical and available in-store, Staples will accept it for price adjustments.
Once you bring in the proof of lower prices in form of printouts, a screenshot, or flyers, the associates will very the item. After the verification, the product will qualify for price adjustment and the different amounts will be repaid.
Can I Price Match Purchase made with Proration Coupons?
The dollar offs coupons which are proportionally deducted from the prices of items in an order are called proration coupons. Due to the coupons, a specific lot of items certainly, won’t qualify for price match.
Furthermore, if the adjusted price of an item doesn’t match coupon criteria then it won’t be eligible for a discount.
Do Staples Include Delivery Charges in Price Match?
Staples refund delivery charges based on the following.
- It depends if the competitor’s product includes a free shipping
- If the product includes free shipping then Staples will price match without it
- Staples will only count the appropriate amount of shipping charge in a competitor’s product if it does not include free shipping
Does Staples Price Match Without Proof?
No, the retail store does not allow price matches without proof. The consumer has to bring in a screenshot or a flyer of the competitor’s product as proof while requesting a price match.
If you fail to bring in proof, you always have an option to return a product. If they don’t accept the product for price match you have a safer option of Staples returns. Refer return policy when returning a product at Staples.
Tips to Save More at Staples
Besides the price match policy, there are several other ways as well to save some money and get rewards. You can choose from various options while shopping for office supplies or stationeries.
We have listed some of the most useful tips for your easy shopping and efficient experience.
- Enroll your membership online for $35 and get the latest benefits to save money. New members will get free & fast delivery. The more you spend, the more you get. You can maintain the membership and get yearly based benefits.
- You can unlock members’ exclusive deals and get a 5% back in rewards
- Once you sign in to Staples online account, you will be eligible to unlock various rewards
- You can get rewards and save money at the retail store as well
- Check the official website to get updates on daily offers, deals, and discounts
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I price match few or more quantity at Staples?
Staples allow price match for one product per customer, per day.
2. Can I price match a sold out item?
No, once the item is in the limited edition section and sold out you won't be able to request a price match.
3. What does proration of coupon means?
Proration of coupons means to form the prices of items, dollar-off coupons are automatically deducted.
4. Does Staples include delivery charges in price match?
If the consumers' delivery does not include a shipping charge then Staples will give an appropriate amount for shipping.
5. How can I get a price match in-store?
Once you request a price match, make sure the product is identical and is available in-store.
Once you are familiar with the retail store that you prefer to visit, you will be able to get a lot of exposure from the merchandise that they offer. Staples price match with other retail stores online benefits you to gain some amount back. The offers and deals will always help you save more and do a cost-effective purchase.
Hence know, how a retail store works and don’t miss a chance to save some bucks.