While shopping from various brands, a little research will make it worthwhile. to satisfy your purchase, a price match procedure works magic. That’s why so many remarkable brands offer price match policies. Target is the most recognised brand offering a Target price match policy.
Let us go through the rules and guidelines to know how exactly you can get the best price on your purchase.
Does Target Price Match?
Yes, Target price match so that you never have to pay more than you have to. The brand sets a sense of satisfaction that you do not have to sacrifice your experience while purchasing a product.
Your product will be available for a price match if you find the same product at a lower price. The items which are identical and in-stock are eligible for price match online or in-store.
What are the Target Price Match Conditions?
Target price match itself, local brick-and-mortar stores as well as some online retailers. Target has set forth some criteria for a price match and a buyer has to compulsorily meet those. Following are the rules and measures for price match.
- The product will only be eligible for a price match within 14 days of purchase.
- Although the product looks the same, the color, size, and model number have to be identical
- A proof of the purchase is necessary for Target to adjust the payment
- It must be available for shipping and delivery purposes
- Items must be available in both the stores. To update on the availability, know when does Target restock
Competitors of Target
Target price matches its rate both online and in-store. Any local store within a radius of 25 miles is considered a local competitor of Target in-store.
Several online business sites are competitors of the brand. Target price match various competitors and their guidelines also have a list that you could follow.
Target Price Match Process
While doing a Target price match, you must understand a thorough process of how to do it. We will break down the process into steps that will help you carry price matches easily. When you know the process, it certainly saves you some time.
- Visit the Target store to price match with proof of the competitor’s product price
- You will have 14 days of the period to get the difference amount of price match
- Bring the product to the customer service desk and request a price match
- They will carry forward the process and verify the product
Once they go through the product details, they will return the amount difference in the same way the payment was made
What are the Limitations of Target Price Match?
Target states that the price of an item must be valid at the time of price match. Apart from the basic rules of the Target price match policy, they have stated some limitations of the task.
When you visit the store to request a price match, you certainly have to go through the limitations.
- A price match request can only be approved once per product
- Purchase is eligible for a price match if the product is in stock and available
- Expired deals and discounts on the products will not be eligible for price match
- Price matching online competitors is excluded in the stores of Alaska and Hawaii
Note: In any case, if you are not able to price match at Target you can return the products to Target through their return policy.
Which Items Can I Price Match at Target?
When shopping, if you get unsatisfied with any product’s price then you can bring it in for a price match. You can price match an identical product with the same size, weight, brand, and quantity.
As long as it is not a grocery item, you can directly price match one item in place of another. If you price match a grocery item, it must be
- In the same quantity
- Sold in the same unit of measure
- Measured as per pound vs. per product
What Can I Not Price Match At Target?
There are several exclusions that the price match policy inculcates. They include products that are not eligible for price match. Following are the exceptional points for price match.
- Open-box items, clearance, closeout, liquidation sales, damaged, storewide or category promotions are not eligible for price match
- pricing due to typographical errors, coupon offers, gift cards, free items, or service offers are exclusions
- Market-based prices from third-party sellers and buyers
- Target coupons or Target circle offers are not applicable
- Alcohol price match is not applicable for online retailers
Does Target Do Price Adjustments?
Indeed, the brand offers a price adjustment guarantee within 14 days of purchase. While the brand provides a price match, it also has certain exclusions.
Price cuts and everyday low-price items are not applicable for a price adjustment. Target also provides raincheck for sale products that are not available in the store.
The raincheck is valid for 30-45 days which allows a customer to buy from any nearest Target store. Apart from this, the customers must have an original billing receipt. Proof should be given to the store of the lowest-priced product available.
Do Prices vary between Target.com & Target Stores?
Target price match the products available online with the ones in-store and vice versa. But in some cases, it does vary between Target.com and Target stores. Some of those cases are as follows:
- Prices of clearance sales online and in-store may vary
- Discount rates in-store are different from that of online products
- In-store prices cannot be matched with online clearance sale prices
- When you price match with the Target app, it must show the current location store prices
Does Target Accept Items For Price Match With Price Errors?
When you buy an item with pricing problems, Target will specifically return the difference amount but will not accept it for price match. The in-store procedure for price errors will always be easy and quick.
You just have to make sure that the request you made is valid and give some time to the associate to look into it. For Target.com, there might be a tiny possibility that there is a difference between the numbers stated.
During certain circumstances, you have to contact Target guest services and they will help you solve the matter. The price match policy states that they do not guarantee the complete accuracy of the site. They reserve a right to change information and correct errors anytime they want without prior notice.
Does Target Refund Shipping Charges During Price Match?
When you request a price match at Target, the associates verify the product before accepting your request. When your product is accepted for a price match, they deliver the amount difference along with the shipping charges.
The amount is reflected through the same mode of purchase. But, they do not include shipping charges on all Target items. There are certain items on which Target strictly prohibits the refunding of shipping prices.
Your Target Shop More Save More Guide
Besides the price match policy, there are several other ways you can save some bucks. When shopping from Target, you can take many advantages of the offers that they provide.
- Gift cards: You can avail of different offers after claiming a gift card. It will help you gift your beloved and surprise them with good products.
- Claim a red card to get 5% off on everyday purchases in-store and online
- Make an account on Target.com to avail the benefits of the Target circle
- Kitchen gifts: You can buy kitchen products for your mom with a 40% of discount on every appliance.
- You can save up to $10 by shopping for $40 in the women’s section.
- Visit the official website of Target to know more about the deals and discounts available.
- Exchange your old appliance or baby car accessory to get 20% off on new purchases.
- Never Miss the weekly ad deals and celebrate every milestone
Frequently Asked Question
1. Can I price match grocery items at?
If the purchase of and grocery item is identical and in some measures, then yes you can price match groceries.
2. Does online clearance price is matched with in-store clearance price?
No online and in-store clearance price differs. So the retail store does not allow price match sale items.
3. Is team member discount applicable when requesting a price match?
Yes, you can get an additional discount when you use the target team member discount when price matching.
4. Does Target price match Walmart?
Target indeed price match Walmart within 14 days of purchase and only of products that are the same in every aspect.
5. Does the retail store price match in holidays?
Target price match from Oct, 10 to Dec,24 every year in holidays.
Also, Remember This
Furthermore, Target provides a user-friendly shopping experience online to their customers. The brand certainly has a wide variety of products that cater to its consumer on large scale.
The Target price match policy does not apply to all items but it helps the customer build strong trust in the brand. Hence, know about the price match policies of the store you are visiting and get yourself an advantage of saving money.
Leave a Reply