Are you here to search for answers related to Target Return Policy? Let us explain it all, we will go through the details of Target Return Policy and understand the minute details which will clear every kind of doubts.
This article will not only inform you about the return time but also explain how to return your target products and better yet will explain in a simple step by step process. The article will start by focusing on the return policy and then move onto the refund policy as well. We all try to use our money in the best way possible and we understand that.
Target Return Policy
Target is one of the well-known company with a good reputation. They will listen to their customers and it is all clearly stated in their return policy. Let us take a look.
Target’s Return Policy
Customers can return their product to the nearest Target store within 90 Days. The product should be in a new condition and preferably unopened. Your chances for return will fall significantly if the product is opened.
Now some products in Target may have a modified return policy but don’t worry. They will inform their customers about the modified return policy by noting it down on the receipt or on the packing of that item or at Target.com. Target won’t accept your return if you try to return them a damaged product or go without a receipt.
Target + Partner’s Return Policy
Within 90 days you should return your product or else Target won’t accept it. The returned product should be unopened and you can return to the store or return through the mail. Some products will have a modified return policy and you will be notified through the receipt or on the packaging or simply at their website.
Target is very particular with its return policy and they take extra care to provide you a product without you feeling the need to return it. They have a structured return policy with everything noted down. Moving on, now we will understand what is the process you need to follow to make this return possible.
Target Return Policy Covid-19 Response
Target is committed to helping the workers as well as the families at the target company. They are always there with them whether good or bad time, they always serve them. They played a great role in providing the essential goods and medicine to the customers. Here is the Target Covid-19 response and the steps are taken care of.
- Masks are made available and necessary to wear.
- Metering and monitoring the guest access.
- You can return the item online or in-store.
- Cleanliness and sanitization increased a lot.
- Social distancing is maintained.
- Sanitization of carts and baskets after every use.
- Quantity limits on item in-demand.
Are there any Exceptions in their Return Policy?
- When you buy any video games, audio cd or movie cd, note that Target will not accept the return if the product is opened. The only case that will be accepted is if you want to exchange the product with the same title or exchange the same video game for different platforms.
- It is the same case with airbeds, they are not eligible for a return if they are opened. Although they can be exchanged for a similar item.
- Target will not accept a return for personalized items and digital downloads.
- Products that fall under collectibles cannot be returned once opened or gets defective in nature. These products can be action figures or special edition products, etc.
- Online products of another/international country cannot be returned at Target Store.
- A lawnmower is an example of a hazardous product because it works on gasoline, so when you return this product you must empty the gasoline. If you are facing any kind of problem, you can contact Target Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869.
- You will not get cash or credit for returning mobile gift cards and target e-gift cards.
These are the Target Return Policy Exceptions which are not general in nature but a customer may get some help knowing about it. If your product does not match any exception boundaries, then you are eligible for a return.
Target’s Return Procedure
Let us talk through the biggest hurdle. Returning a product at Target can be done through two options. Either by mail or take back the product to the store. We will take you through both options.
Return At Target Store
You can return your product easily. Check for a barcode on your product’s packing or receipt. Take that barcode and the product to your nearest Target Store. There you can return your product and they will assist you further.
Return Through Mail
If you want to mail your product to Target then follow this:
- Go to Target’s website
- Login to your account
- Click on “View Order.”
- Go to the product you want to return.
- Print your return label by click on Print.
- Attach the label on your product.
- Mail it to them
The shipping will be free and you will be notified through mail about the process your product will go through.
What If You Lost Your Receipt?
Target always focus on customer’s need and that is the reason you shouldn’t worry if you lost your receipt. Target gives you an option to print your receipt on their website. You can simply log in to your account, then view your orders and from the list choose which product’s receipt do you want. You will get an option to print the receipt when you open the selected product.
Take the printed receipt to the store and you can return your product with any hassle. Just make sure you are not beyond the return time frame for that product.
Target Return Time-Frame
Now Target does accept returns of their product but they have created a full legit Target Return Policy that states different time-frame for different categories of products. Below is the list which will most certainly resolve all your issues.
- If any Target owned brand item dissatisfies you, you can return it but with a receipt. The timeframe for returning such items is 1 year.
- Target only gives 30 days to return products that come under the electronics and entertainment category.
- Within your electronics, the return of mobile phones must be within 14 days from your purchase.
- Target will give you only 15 days to return your Apple products, excluding mobile phones. There may be modified return policies on items that are limited in numbers or are sold specially for holidays.
- Target gives you 90 days in total to return products which are categorized under Apparel, Furniture, Footwear, Grocery, Beauty Products, Sports and Outdoors, and Luggage Accessories.
- When you buy any product with your Target REDcard, that gives you an advantage of an extra 30 days to return your product. You will need to pay with your Target REDcard for this exception. Want to know more about the TargetREDcard? Visit Target.com/REDcard to apply or to know more about your card.
This complete section was about the target return. This time-frame is crucial for your return. Take a note of it.
Target Exchange Policy
This section is similar in details which are mentioned above the time-frame of products all are the same. Target will accept your exchange request if 2 points are in place and they are:
- Your product is eligible for exchange.
- The product you want to return is “in stock” at their store.
Return and Exchange go hand in hand. If you are clear with the Target Return Policy then you would be easily able to exchange your products at Target.
Target Refund Policy
This section will put a light on how will you get your refund from Target. Generally, the refund will be processed back to the same method that was used while paying for the product.
Now Target will start by inspecting your refund process which they state takes them 5 business days. One the inspection is done you will get your refund. Target will give priority to the customers with Target RedCard. They will get their refund within 1-2 business days. Customers without the Target RedCard will be refunded within 1-3 business days.
Now when you return a product at Target Store you may request for different refund options. Let us take a look at what are the options Target provide their customers.
This sums up your refund options at Target. In addition, you can also contact Target on their website and chat with them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I return Target products without receipts?
Yes, you can return products without receipts. You can return products up to $70 in 12 months period.
Can I return an opened product?
If your product is opened and damaged and without a receipt, it may not be accepted
Can I return to a different Target store?
Yes, you can only with one condition you must have your original receipt.
Can I return an opened TV?
Yes, Target will accept opened TV, but not a damaged one or without a receipt.
Can Target look up receipts?
Most of the cases yes, they can but you must have used your credit or debit card.
Where can I send my complaint to Target?
Visit Customer Care. Call Customer Care on 1.800.440.0680. Email Customer Care on email@example.com. Visit the Customer Care Contact Form. Call Headquarters on 1-612-304-6073.
Let’s Wrap It Up
Target Return Policy is such a policy that has covered minute problems that may occur with their customers. We have tried to do that exactly in our own way. We have focused on all the points which are crucial in nature. Bullet points and Bold text will help you understand the important aspects of the Target Return Policy.
It would be of great help if our readers will share their personal experience with us to understand what else can we add or what needs rectifying in this article. Give your valuable time to us and write to us in the comment box below. Take a look at our other articles. Gamestop Return Policy, Half Price Books Return Policy.