Ticketmaster is a famous marketplace where adventurous people can buy tickets for various sports events, concerts, movie theatres, and other events. But what exactly will happen if you buy a ticket from Ticketmaster and somehow, you fail to show up or the event gets canceled for some reason. Will you get a refund? We are here to explain how Ticketmaster refunds will work in different circumstances and how exactly one can request a refund. Let’s get started.
Ticketmaster Refund Policy
Ticketmaster refunds are possible only for canceled and postponed events. You may also get refunds for rescheduled events if the new schedule isn’t fit for you. Note that refunds on rescheduled events entirely depend upon the event organizer.
If your event gets cancelled, postponed, or rescheduled, we suggest that you check the event details online or on the ‘My event page’ of your account. This will give you the exact idea of the status of your event. If you encounter any difficulty understanding your Ticketmaster refund status Contact their customer support.
Ticketmaster Refunds For Cancelled Shows
The good news is, that you don’t have to do anything if your event gets cancelled. You’ll receive your refund automatically to the original form of payment you used while making the purchase. Some organizers may also offer an option to select between a refund and a credit that you can use for their next event. If that’s the case, Ticketmaster will notify you of the available options and explain how to get credit instead of a refund.
All sports fans should note that MLB games and US open are exceptions to this and some special rules will apply in case of transfer tickets and if you resell tickets of a cancelled event. Here’s how Ticketmaster refunds are provided in case of canceled events.
What If You Resell Tickets For a Canceled Event?
If you manage to resell tickets for a canceled event, your credit card will be charged for a refund to whoever bought tickets from you. Once they get a refund, you’ll get your tickets back on your account. After this, you’ll get a refund for those tickets to your original form of payment as soon as Ticketmaster receives funds from the event organizer.
Ticketmaster Refunds For Postponed Events
There is nothing to worry about if an event gets postponed. It simply means that there is still a possibility that it’ll happen at a later date. Ticketmaster notifies their customers immediately if there is any change in the event. So, your tickets and add-ons (such as parking, food, etc.) will be valid until further information is available.
There are two simple possibilities – either the event gets cancelled and you get your refund or it gets rescheduled for a new date. Even if it gets a new date, they’ll notify you if the event organizer is offering options for refunds or credits that you can use for their other events.
Ticketmaster Refunds For Rescheduled Events
If your event gets rescheduled for a new date that you’re comfortable with, you don’t need to do anything. You’ll be able to use the tickets along with any add-ons such as parking & food without any confirmation. However, if the new date doesn’t suit your schedule, the organizer may provide a few options so that you won’t lose your money.
- The organizer may refund your money or,
- He/she may offer you to choose between a refund or credit that you can use for their next/other events.
You should know that refunds or credits entirely depend on different events and their organizers. The refund may also be subject to added limitations set by the event organizer.
What If You Resell Tickets For a Rescheduled or Postponed Event?
If you manage to resell your tickets (on Ticketmaster.com/ca or Livenation.com) for a rescheduled or postponed event, then you’ll get your tickets back in your account if,
- The organizer is authorizing refunds and also,
- The buyer who bought from you has requested a refund.
If this happens, your credit card associated will charge for a refund to whoever bought the tickets from you. Once they get a refund, you’ll get your tickets back, and then,
- You may keep the tickets for the rescheduled event
- Request a refund or credit from the organizer, or
- Put them back on sale (if the option is available)
How To Get a Refund From Ticketmaster?
Follow these simple steps to request a refund for your Ticketmaster purchase.
- Log into your account and click My tickets.
- Go to the “My Events” page and click the “See details” button.
- You’ll see a link saying “Request a Refund” if the event organizer is offering refunds.
- Go to the link and submit your Ticketmaster refunds request. Soon you’ll receive a Ticketmaster customer service refund confirmation email.
- Once the event organizer sends funds to Ticketmaster, you will get your refund to the original form of payment you used while purchasing. This may take up to 30 days.
Note that under Ticketmaster refund policy, refunds will not be provided to a different credit or debit card. If you want a refund and your original credit or debit card number is no longer available, you’ll still get your money back as long as the new card is with the same bank account.
When will you not get your refund?
When the event organizer makes changes in the event, Ticketmaster notifies customers about the same and also the possibilities of refunds.
However, Ticketmaster refunds or exchanges are not possible if you do not attend the event or fail to show up for any reason. Here are other non-refundable cases.
- Lost or stolen tickets
- Major League Baseball tickets
- US open
- Expedited shipping charges
- Fan Club membership fees
- Event merchandise purchases
Ticketmaster Fan Guarantee
Customers may also take benefit from Ticketmaster 24 hour refund guarantee by filling out a fan guarantee form. You may easily cancel, refund, and exchange your tickets within 24 hours of booking. However, there are certain exclusions that you must keep in mind.
Refunds or exchanges are not possible –
- For bookings on partner sites including Ticketmaster theatre and West End shows.
- For VIP tickets, deposit payment tickets, collector tickets, and instalment plans.
- If the event is taking place within 14 days.
- For resold tickets. If you’ve put your tickers on resale, cancel the listing before you fill out the Fan Guarantee form.
- You may only get refunds 3 times per year. So, you must not exceed that limit.
You may read their fan guarantee to fully understand the exclusions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get a refund from Ticketmaster?
Click on My tickers and open the My events page. Click the see details button. You'll see a Request a Refund link if the organizer is providing refunds. Click that link and submit your refund request.
2. Does Ticketmaster automatically refund for canceled events?
If an event is eligible for a refund, Ticketmaster will automatically refund your amount if the event gets canceled. For rescheduled or postponed events you'll have to check the event page for refund availability.
3. How long does it take to get a Ticketmaster refund?
After Ticketmaster receives funds from the event organizer, it may take up to 30 days to get your money back to your original payment method.
4. Does Ticketmaster refund to PayPal account?
If you made your purchase using PayPal then the amount will automatically get a refund to your PayPal account.
Ticketmaster refunds rely on the hand of the event organizers. Customers will get their refunds for eligible purchases if the organizer is offering that option. Ticketmaster works efficiently with organizers and ticket buyers if there are any changes in the event and notifies them about further information. For canceled events, the refunds will be initiated automatically to your original account. Usually, customers are provided with refunds or credits within 30 days. Contact their support page, if you do not get your money back within this period.