Does your company have an agreement with Verizon Wireless? You may surely want to know whether you are eligible for a Verizon employee discount. If yes, how to sign up for the discount.
Here in this article, you’ll know how much you can save on internet, TV, and phone services for yourself. You’ll know your eligibility and discounts for Verizon employees for different data plans and accessories.
Table of Contents
How Does Verizon Employee Discount Work?
The Verizon employee discounts are only applicable to employees of companies that have an agreement with Verizon. Hence, the discounts you get for mobile plans or accessories may vary for different companies based on their discount agreement with Verizon.
To know the discount details, you need to register for a Verizon employee account to get discounts for Verizon employees.
Who is Eligible for Verizon Employee Discount?
To take advantage of discounts for Verizon employees, any individual must meet the following requirements.
- They must be an employee at a company or corporation that has a discount agreement with Verizon Wireless.
- Secondly, they should be the account owner or account manager of the Verizon mobile account.
- Lastly, they must be on a Verizon mobile plan that qualifies for the discount.
How to Know If Your Company Has a Discount Agreement with Verizon?
Generally, your company would definitely let you know about their discount plans for Verizon employees if any. However, if you want to make certain, simply enter your work email address on the Verizon discount page. This will allow you to check your eligibility.
If you are eligible, you’ll see a confirmation page showcasing possible discounts that you can have. If you are not qualified, you may check your company website for more details.
How to Register for Verizon Employee Discount?
To register for an employee discount at Verizon, simply visit the Verizon Wireless Discounts page and follow the steps.
If you already have an account on Verizon Wireless
Sign in using your phone number linked with Verizon and follow the steps to confirm your work email address. Note that the email address shouldn’t be your personal Gmail, Hotmail, etc.
- You’ll get a confirmation email from [email protected] at your work email address saying “Discount by Verizon Wireless”.
- Click the Confirm My Discount link on the email. This link will expire after 72 hours, in which case you’ll have to start the process again.
- If you have more than 1 account under your name, you’ll have a prompt to select an account for the discount. In this case, select the account you want.
If You’re New to Verizon
Using your work email address Sign Up with Verizon Wireless and find out the benefits you can get through your company’s discount plan with Verizon.
What Data Plan Discounts Does Verizon Offer?
The amount of Verizon employee discount depends on the agreement between a company and Verizon. So if your company has an agreement with Verizon, ask your colleague about the discount plans.
The brand charges account-level access fees which are $34.99 or higher with the following plans.
- 5 GB shared data plan
- 10 GB shared data plan
- Verizon special (S, M, L, XL, XXL shared) data plans
- 5 GB single smartphone plans
- Unlimited 5G data plans for any device
Verizon will deduct your discounts from your monthly account-level access fees.
Verizon Data Plan Discounts Exclusions
Firstly, the Verizon employee discount does not apply to line access fees. Additionally, Verizon excludes the following data plans from employee-eligible discounts.
- All unlimited consumer data plans – This includes 5G Do More, 5G Get More, 5G Play More, 5G Start, Do More Unlimited, Get More Unlimited, Play More Unlimited, Above Unlimited, etc.
- Any prepaid plans are also not eligible for your employee discount
- Already discounted plans and promotional plans also don’t qualify.
Eligible Accessories for Employee Discount At Verizon
After registering for an employee discount, you can use your Verizon account on a desktop or Verizon mobile app and get discounts on the following accessories. Your discount is applied at checkout.
- Screen protectors
- Chargers / Car chargers
- Mono headsets (Bluetooth and wired)
Which Accessories are Not Eligible for Discounts at Verizon?
Make sure you do not use discounts for Verizon employees on certain accessories. You cannot get a Verizon employee discount on the following accessories.
- Apple-branded products
- Stereo headsets, headphones, buds (both Bluetooth and wired)
- Keyboards (Bluetooth and folios)
- Memory cards
- Waterproof cases (Lifeproof and Atlas cases)
- Smart Accessories
- Portable power (mophie products, Motorola Power Pacts, etc.)
- Other / Home solutions
- Mounts and Docks
Note: Accessory discount is only applicable when you buy online on the website or mobile app. You won’t get these discounts at retail stores, purchases made on-call through telesales/customer service, or bill pay kiosk.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use employee discount after retirement?
Whether you can use or get discount after retirement depends on your company's agreement with Verizon. So you should ask your colleagues or contact Verizon to find out.
2. Can I get discounts at Verizon without a work email address?
Yes, you can upload your recent paystub to verify your employment and get the dicount. But make sure to blur sensitive information such as SSN, banking information, etc.
3. How to know if I'm eligible for Verizon discount?
Register at Verizon using your email address to find out if your company has a discount agreement with Verizon.
4. Do I get discount for pre-paid plans?
No. Any prepaid data plans are not eligible for employee discounts at Verizon.
If the company/organization where you work has an agreement with Verizon, you can enjoy amazing discounts on data plans and accessories. Simply sign up using your work email to know your Verizon employee discount benefits. Some restrictions may apply based on the agreement.