Walgreens is one of the largest pharmacy retailers in the US which sells a variety of personal care, health care, and nutritional supplements. But what if you’ve purchased the wrong product from Walgreens? In case you are not satisfied with your purchase, our Walgreens return policy guide will help you return/exchange your item with ease. Read on to know how to return both in-store and online purchases with all the necessary considerations for returns at Walgreens.
What is Walgreens Return Policy?
As per the standard Walgreens return policy, if you are not pleased with your item then you’ll be eligible for a full refund if you return it unused within 30 days of your purchase. For this, you must also present the purchase receipt. The return can be initiated both by visiting the Walgreens store and online through the mail.
Are Walgreens Returns Free?
Yes, Walgreens returns are absolutely free if returned within the time frame. You don’t have to pay any returns shipping costs or handling charges at Walgreens.
Can I Return Contact Lense Within 30 Days?
You can return the contact lenses if they have sent you the wrong ones or the lenses were already damaged out of the box or you by mistake have ordered the wrong ones.
How To Return At Walgreens?
Now that you are aware of the Walgreens return policy and its exception, let’s get into the return process. You have two options to return your Walgreens item. In-store return and return by mail. If you purchased from the store then you may be able to return it at any Walgreens store. On the other hand, you can return online purchases from Walgrees.com either to your nearby store or by mail. Let’s see the requirements for both online and in-store returns.
You can return both in-store purchases and store pickup orders at the Walgreens store. Just take the product and its receipt to your nearby Walgreens store within 30 days to get a full refund. Reach out to any in-store executive regarding your return and they’ll help you process either a return or exchange as per your wish. With the original purchase receipt, you will get the full refund along with shipping charges to your original payment method.
Note – Walgreens verifies all returns and exchanges before accepting the return. Walgreens return policy limits the number of times a customer can return a product and may refuse your return/exchange if necessary conditions are not met.
Online Returns By Mail
Remember that you can only return online orders from Walgreens.com by mail. Just follow these simple steps to print your return shipping label to initiate a return by mail.
- Go to the Walgreens Returns page. Provide the order number and pin code of the address where the order was shipped.
- Provide the reason to return and click submit.
- The return will be initiated from the store’s side and you will be provided with a prepaid return shipping label.
- Pack all the items and receipts securely and stick the shipping labels on top of the package.
- Drop off the package at a post office. Once the item reaches their facility, Walgreens will refund you to the original mode of payment.
Walgreens Return Policy Without Receipt
It is important to bring your product receipt to get a full refund. But can you return items without a receipt? If you don’t have the product receipt at the time of return then Walgreens will refund a store credit to a W-card instead of proving you a full refund. For this, you’ll also have to provide valid photo identification. Walgreens will refund the store credit with the value of the all-time lowest advertised price of the product that you are returning.
The same policy is also followed by CVS, read about it if you are interested.
Walgreens Return Policy Exception
There are mainly two categories of products that are exceptions to the standard 30 days Walgreens return policy. These are contact lenses and prescriptions.
- By law, Walgreens cannot allow the reuse or resale of prescription products. That’s why it generally doesn’t allow returns on the same. However, if Walgreens provides you with a wrong prescription you can contact them directly regarding the issue. Directly reach out to the store from where you received your prescription or call 1-877-250-5823 for online purchases.
- You may return the contact lenses in case they sent you the wrong ones, the lenses were already damaged out of the box or you ordered the wrong ones. One important thing to know is that they will only accept returns on unexpired and in-stock contact lenses that are in their original packaging.
Walgreens Return Policy on Makeup
To return any cosmetic item, you can visit the store and request the store manager for the return. Remember that these returns will be handled according to the store manager’s choice. He/she may allow or refuse the return. If they accept the return request, then you’ll get the refund in the form of a Walgreens gift card.
Walgreen Exchange Policy
You can also opt for an exchange if you find the product came damaged or was unsuitable. The exchange policy is the same as the return policy. You have 30 days to ask for an exchange with the same conditions as the Walgreens return policy with the only difference in the case of cosmetics. Such opened items are only eligible for an exchange provided you have valid reasons to say the product did not suit you. Remember that exchanges are not possible on used items. Especially medications and personal care products.
Walgreens Refund Policy
For all the items that abide by the Walgreens return policy, you will receive the refund (including shipping fees for online purchases) to the original payment method. After initiating the refund it may take 7 or more days to reflect in your account. Remember the returns without receipts and returns on cosmetics will be refunded in the form of store gift cards instead of a full refund.
Walgreens Response To Covid-19
Walgreens has taken all the necessary steps to prevent their customers and employees from covid.
- All the associates and customers are required to wear safety masks within the store.
- The store has sanitization stations and all the store members are required to wear hand gloves.
- All billing counters are equipped with plexiglass shields
- The number of customers at a time is limited and proper social distancing is maintained throughout the store.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Walgreen take back prescribed medicines?
No, prescribed medications are not taken back by the store.
In how many days can we return the product?
You can return the product within 30 days.
Can I return my contact lenses?
Only if Walgreens sent you a damaged or wrong lense pack. Remember Walgreens will not accept returns on any used lenses.
Do I need to have a purchase receipt for returns or exchanges?
Mostly Yes. But you can always talk to the store manager and get his consent.
Can I return Pictures?
Yes, within the stipulated period.
Also To Keep in Mind
Most of the eligible items at Walgreens can be returned within 30 days. Having a receipt will make you eligible for a full refund but if you don’t have it then you’ll get store credit instead of a refund. Contact lenses and prescriptions are exceptions to the Walgreens return policy. Also, the step by step process will help you easily return online purchases from Walgreens.com to your nearby store. We hope the article was helpful to you. For any questions, use the comment section below. Also, check out ebay, David’s Bridal, and Autozone return policies.