Price match policies have different criteria and they change over the period. Walmart is a multinational retail corporation that handles supercenters & discount department stores so it has a Walmart price match.
The price match policy for the store and Walmart.com differs in every aspect. To know more about the same go through this post.
Table of Contents
Does Walmart Price Match?
Yes, Walmart does price match, other retailers, for identical merchandise. The Walmart price match states that they do not price match with other Walmart stores.
In the same way, if the product you buy from Walmart.com, decreases its price in the future cannot be acceptable for a price match. Walmart has a different policy than Walmart.com and any other retail store in the U.S.
What is Walmart Price Match Conditions?
Although Walmart does not allow its local store for a price match, it certainly counts other competitor retailers. The merchandise bought from other retail online sites will be eligible for a Walmart price match.
Those items or products have to necessarily meet certain criteria before price matching. They are as follows:
- The products must be strictly identical
- Items must be available in stock thus, know when does Walmart restock
- They do not provide rain checks if the product is not available
- Probably mention the details of the price match
- The product should have the same serial number and brand to verify it
- They terminate a policy of price change of one product, per customer
- Price match of Walmart products & Walmart.com is not available in Puerto Rico, Alaska, and Hawaii
Limitations for Price Match
As we mentioned above Walmart’s price match policies are different in both cases. They are different for an in-store price match and a bit tricky for Walmat.com.
Certainly, as both have different methods, they also have some limitations within. According to their nature, they are as follows.
1. Walmart in-store: With some restrictions applied to the product, they conduct a price match of an in-store product with Walmart.com. Those limitations are,
- The consumer has to inform about the price at the customer service desk
- Products of the store are only acceptable for a price match with Walmart.com or other retail stores
- The product must be available at Walmart.com when the price match is bid
- The store reserve a right to verify the product in terms of size color, brand, and model number.
- The associates will check the availability before accepting the price match request
- The register might prompt for a supervisor approval which can be done by logging into the account through the store terminal
2. Walmart.com: For identical and in-stock products, the price match will be done with an online retailer for lower prices. Whereas it consists of certain limitations which consumers have to necessarily follow.
- The items must be available with an online retailer
- The products are acceptable for a price match with all online competitors
- The price match is acceptable for per item, per customer, per day
- Items that are not in stock do not get a rain check promises
- As long as the product is available on both sites, it will be eligible for a price match
Note: If the merchandise does not match the above limitations, you still have the option to use the Walmart return policy. It would get you your full refund if you are eligible.
Walmart’s List of Competitors
The availability of the Walmart store allows it to price match with other retail stores and online stores. Due to the major exposure of the store, there are undoubtedly many competitors listed for it. Check out the list of competitors that the store has come forth in few past years.
Walmart Price Match Process
Certainly, when a customer visits the store or requests a price match online, they probably don’t know the process. We will enlighten you with the easiest process to save some bucks.
1. Online: To start the process of price match online you have to go through certain steps and also keep some basic points in mind.
- Make an account on the official website of the retail store
- Try to research the lower prices of other stores before requesting
- Certainly, go through the price match policy
- Remember to only request a price match for products that are available on both websites
2. In-store: Visit the store to request a price match with an original receipt of the purchase and follow the below-given points.
- Necessarily carry proof of lower price product
- Make sure the product you are requesting for price match is available in stock in the store
- Certainly, the item’s model number, brand, and size have to be the same
- The manager or the associates of the store will verify the product before accepting your request
What Can I Not Price Match?
Certainly, when you purchase from Walmart, there are sales and discounts on some occasions. Those merchandises which are displayed in the store or online are non-refundable.
During the request for your price match, go through the policy. It certainly states some major exclusive conditions in which price match is not possible.
- Products of Walmart will not price match other locally available in-store products
- Auction and sale products are strictly excluded
- Discounted products, membership items, or those which are pre-owned
- Certainly, the products which are in bundle offers, rebates, coupons, and mail-ins
- Products with price errors
- Discounts or sales on items related to Balck Friday or Cyber Week
- Competitors advertised prices and other neighborhood stores
- Advertised products with a percentage off, buy one get one offer, or gift card
Does Walmart Price Match Competitor’s Service Charge?
No, Walmart does not price match other retailers’ service charges. Every retailer provides unique service to their customers. Hence, the service charges are not price matched by Walmart.com or in-store.
Does Walmart Price Match Advertise Products?
Walmart does not price match its advertised products. It also does not count merchandise advertised by a competitor for price match. It is strictly against Walmart’s price match policy to include advertised products for price match.
Products which are advertised in different marketplace or market retailer is also not acceptable for price match. These all are exclusions from the policy that the store follows.
Do Walmart Do Price Adjustments?
Yes, Walmart will adjust the price within 7 days of your purchase. The retail store provides price adjustments on furniture, groceries, home decor, appliances, and many more.
As long as you meet certain criteria, your request for a Walmart price adjustment will be acceptable in-store and online.
- The product you bring in should be available in both places
- It should be necessarily identical
- It should be strictly in an intact form and no damage should be done
- Moreover, proof of lower price will help as magic in the verification of the product
Can I Price Match at Walmart.com?
No, the merchandise purchased from Walmart.com that later decrease the price of it cannot b price matched. Walmart.com’s price match policy is different from the in-store.
Walmart’s price matches the products with other online retail stores but not with its own website. Walmart’s in-store price matches the merchandise that is advertised on Walmart.com and vice-versa.
Who Decides a Merchandise is Eligible for Price Match?
At Walmart in-store, a register prompts for a supervisor’s approval during a price match. Once the supervisor verifies the merchandise, they decide to accept the request after verifying that it meets all the limitations of the price match policy.
They can log in to Walmart.com through the store terminal to check the price before approving the request.
Best Hacks For Saving Money
While we run ahead and start shopping the most frequent thing that comes to our mind is the light pocket at the end of the cart.
To solve that query, Walmart specifically provides different nitty-gritty for you to do worry-less shopping. Apart from Walmart price match, check out the other ways to save yourself some bucks.
- Mobile App: Once you download the Walmart app, they help you with one-touch delivery and pick-up of orders
- Scan & Go: It’s an online app that enables customers to check out in one go by scanning the QR code
- Curbside Pickup: You can order online and then leave your place for a pick-up. It makes your work easy and quick
- Next Day Delivery: Customers can enjoy fast delivery over orders above $35
- Built for Better: It is an initiative that Walmart has taken into its hands. There you can shop with the purpose to help other lives
- Go Local: Walmart Go local allows deliveries to all-size businesses
- Walmart+: When you get a membership of Walmart+, it brings together in-store and online benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which types of Walmart plans are available on its website?
Monthly($12.95) and yearly($98) plans are available on the Walmart+ site. Note that the taxes are excluded from the given digits.
2. How much cashback will I get if the product is has wrong pricing label?
You can get up to $20 if the product has the wrong pricing label at the time of checkout.
3. Does the retail store price match other retail store?
No, as the price is decided by a third party, Walmart does not price match other Walmart.
4. Can I return and exchange at Walmart?
You can return and exchange a product at Walmart within 90 days of its purchase.
5. Does Walmart have no receipt return policy?
Yes, Walmarts' no receipt return policy states that you can make 3 returns within 45 days of your purchase.
Start Shopping Worry Less
As we mentioned above the Walmart price match policy, we expect you to shop without worrying. You can check out the other delights as well as keep the rules and certain exclusions in mind while shopping at Walmart.
Hence, to make your shopping easy, the guidelines will undoubtedly show you the right path to save some bucks.