West Elm is a company that provides modern furniture, bedding,w kitchen, and home decor products. The thing is, even if you loved a piece showcased at a West Elm store, there are possibilities that it may look out of place when arrives at your home. For this reason, we’ve made it easy for you to understand the West Elm return policy. We’ll cover all the necessary things to get your money back in full. Let’s get started with their Standard return policy.
Table of Contents
What is West Elm Return Policy?
West Elm takes pride in the quality home essentials they sell. That’s why the West Elm return policy provides a 30-day return promise for almost all items sold online and in showrooms. Remember that proof of purchase is necessary for all returns. For West Elm returns, any of the following documents qualify as proof of purchase.
- An original or gift receipt
- Electronic receipt
- An original packing slip (with order number visible)
- Order number or Gift registry number
be returned through Jan. 31
What If My Order From West Elm Arrives Defective?
If your item arrives defective, then you should contact their customer support as soon as possible. Let the executive know about damages present on the item to initiate a return for a refund or an exchange. If you reside in United States, then simply call 1.888.922.4119.
Does West Elm Offer Free Returns?
It depends on what category of merchandise you want to return and where. In-store returns of all non-furniture items are completely free. For online returns, you may or may not have to pay the return shipping fees depending on your reason.
How Can I Return My West Elm Purchase?
This simply depends on the type of merchandise you are returning and how it was delivered to you. To be precise, West Elm return policy page mentions three simple ways you can return any unwanted merchandise back.
- Return By Mail
- Return To The Store
- Initiate the Return By Phone Call
Online Returns By Mail
If your item was shipped to you via mail then you must mail it back to the West Elm facility. This goes for both online purchases and store purchases delivered to you via mail. The online return process is simple.
- Simply go to the bottom of the West Elm return policy page, select whether you’re returning a purchased item or the one you received as a gift.
- Provide your order number and postal code where the item was delivered (for gift returns, also provide your full name).
- Pack your items securely in the original box to prevent any damage. Attach the provided UPS label on top and drop the package at a UPS drop-off location.
Note – You may have to pay the return shipping and processing costs. This may also depend on the reason for the return.
What Can Be Returned To The Store?
Under West Elm return policy, your local West Elm store will accept free returns of most non-furniture items directly purchased from the store. Use the Store Locator to find the closest West Elm store, Bring your item with any of the listed proofs of purchase to the store. The store executive will verify the returned item’s condition and initiate your refund once he/she verifies the return.
When To Initiate A Return By Phone Call?
If the furniture or any other large items were not delivered by mail then simply reach out to West Elm customer care at 1.888.922.4119 to initiate a return.
West Elm Holiday Return Policy
During the winter holiday season, West Elm holiday policy helps the customer to shop without the fear of returning even after coming back from their vacation. Any item that you purchase between October 15 through December 26 is eligible for a return until January 31. Keep in mind that return eligibility for holiday returns remains the same as their standard West Elm return policy.
West Elm return policy doesn’t cover returns on the following category of products.
- Monogrammed and customized items
- Made-to-Order Items
- Robin mattresses and foundations
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.97 or $.99)
- Gift cards
- Items that are damaged through normal wear and tear
West Elm Refund Policy
Once West Elm processes and inspects your return, you may get your refund in the following ways depending on your purchase.
- If you are returning an item with the original receipt, the refund will be credited to the original form of payment. (i.e., credit card or cash depending on your purchase).
- For gift receipt returns, you’ll get a refund in the form of a Merchandise Credit equivalent to the amount on the gift receipt.
- Any cash and check payments of more than $100 will be refunded as a company check which they’ll mail you within 14 business days.
- A refund amount of more than $10,000 will be credited back in two steps. First, you’ll receive a $10,000 merchandise credit card on the same day. And any remaining amount will be mailed in the form of an additional merchandise card.
Will West Elm Refund My Shipping Charges?
West Elm will not refund you shipping or processing fees if you are returning due to buyer’s remorse. However, if it’s an error from the company’s side then you’ll get a full refund including shipping charges.
2. Merchandise Credit
3. Company Check
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need a receipt to return my West Elm purchase?
Yes. Proof of purchase is necessary for all returns. Without it, you won’t be able to get your refund or merchandise credit. If an original receipt or gift receipt (for gift purchases) is not available then you can also show them an electronic receipt, packing slip, order number, or gift registry number as the proof of purchase.
2. Is there any item that I cannot return back to West Elm?
West Elm doesn’t accept returns on any final sale items, gift cards, personalized and MTO (made to order) items as well as Robin mattresses and foundations.
3. Can I return items to any West Elm store?
Yes. But this excludes any West Elm outlet store. Their outlet stores do not accept any kind of returns.
4. How can I return online purchases from Westelm.com?
You can return online purchases by mailing the items back with a prepaid UPS label. You can easily get your prepaid shipping label if you know your order number and postal code.
5. What should I do if West Elm shipped me a damaged or defective item?
If that’s the case then contact their customer support right away and let them know about the issue. U.S residents can call 1.888.922.4119.
You May Also Read
Also, Keep In Mind
Being one of the leading furniture retailers, West Elm gives its customers 30 days to return most of the items (except the ones we listed as non-returnable items). Remember that proof of purchase is necessary to return any merchandise. There are many things counted as proof of purchase and we’ve already listed them all. We’ve covered all aspects of the West Elm return policy including the ineligible items. For any doubts, ask us in the comment section below.