You can find a variety of food items at Whole Foods market. This includes all sorts of dairy and bakery products to beverages, meat, produce and also prepared foods. But can you return any of your purchases to Whole Foods? Our article will cover the same knowledge on the Whole Foods return policy. You’ll know the requirements to return different categories of products and how to return them easily. As we all know Whole Foods was acquired by Amazon a few years ago. But the Whole Foods return policy is completely different from the 30 days Amazon returns. Let’s see how.
Table of Contents
What is Whole Foods Return Policy?
For any reason, if you are not happy with your Whole Foods purchase, the Whole Foods return policy provides you with 90 days to make a return for a full refund or exchange. You’ll need to present your item in its original condition with its purchase receipt. Any apparel and shoes should be unworn with the tags attached to be eligible for a return.
How Can I Return To Whole Foods?
You can return the products you purchased online in two ways, return in a store or return online. We will start with the online return process here. Or of course the store purchases in the store directly.
This is the easiest way to return your Whole Foods product. You can return the item to any of their stores as long as you have the receipt and your item covers all Whole Food’s return policy criteria.
Return Store Purchases Via Mail
You can return your Whole Foods item by mailing it back to the store from where you made the purchase. This also includes the purchase receipt. You can use any major courier service such as US postal service, FedEx, UPS, or DHL.
Return Purchases From Amazon.com
Just follow these 3 steps to return your Whole Foods purchase from Amazon
- Quickly head to the Amazon return centre and select the nearest Whole Foods Market store where you can drop off your return.
- Amazon will send you a QR code. Take your return items and QR code to the store.
- The store member will scan the QR code and accept your return. That’s it. You are done.
Return Online Purchases from Whole Foods Website
If you want to return a purchase you made from the Whole Foods website, then follow these steps.
- Log in to your Whole Foods account.
- Go to the order section and select the item you wish to return.
- Whole Foods will create a shipping label for your return.
- Pack the item properly, stick the shipping label on the package, and send it back to Whole Foods.
- Do not forget to keep the tags and bills with them. Keep a copy of the bill.
Can I Return Items Without A Receipt?
If you missing the receipt of your purchase then bring the product with the card that you used for payment. They will try to find your purchase receipt in-store. If they manage to find the receipt then you’ll get the refund in the original form of payment.
If not, Whole Foods may refund you a gift card instead of a refund. Remember that Whole Foods limits these types of returns per customer and as per the Whole Foods return policy, they reserve every right to refuse your refund if the receipt is not available.
Whole Foods Return Policy Exceptions
- Fresh produce which includes fruits, veggies, and flowers cannot be returned.
- All apparel must have the tags attached
- Electronic products have to be returned within 30 days of purchase in the new condition as you bought them.
- You can exchange your perishable product (meat, seafood, and prepared meals) if it gets spoiled before the expiration date. The standard Whole Foods return policy doesn’t cover returns on perishables like meat, seafood, and prepared meals.
Can You Return Liquor?
You may not be able to return alcoholic beverages as they are subject to state and local restrictions. If your area of residence allows returns on alcoholic beverages then you must have the purchase receipt showing that you made the booze purchase from the same store where you are making the return.
Whole Foods Exchange Policy
If the non-perishable product you bought from Whole Foods is spoiled or defective and is within the expiry date then you are allowed to exchange it with a similar item. If you are in such a situation, take the product to the store with the bills and tags. Ask a store member for an exchange and choose any similar item for the exchange.
You May Also Like: Big Lots Return Policy
Whole Foods Refund Policy
On a successful return, Whole Foods will provide you with a refund in the same way as your payment. It may take about 7-10 business days to reflect the refund in your account. If the refund is less than $10 for a gift card then you can request a refund in cash instead. If the original receipt is not available and they fail to find it in their records then you may get a gift card as a refund. As per Whole Foods, return policy gift returns are subject to refund in the form of a gift card only.
You May Also Like: Dollar General Return Policy
Whole Foods Response To Covid-19
Seeing this situation they were closed for some time and now by seeing the needs of people, they started their store back along with some safety measures. Whole food’s coronavirus response is such that they started the store again with many precautions.
- All the members and customers need to wear the masks compulsory.
- Masks are provided by the whole house if anyone doesn’t have one.
- Proper social distancing is maintained in the store.
- In some portions, they have converted self-service to a team member assistant model.
Frequently Asked Questions
In how many days can we return the product?
The Whole Foods Return Policy provides you from 30-90 days of a time period to return goods in certain categories.
What is the customer care number?
You can call for any queries on 1-844-936-8255.
Can I return gift cards?
Gift cards cannot be returned.
Can I return online products to a store?
Yes. Online products can be returned either by mail or in a store.
How much time is taken for refund?
The refund will reflect in your account within 7 days
Also To Keep in Mind
You can return any non-perishable items to Whole Foods within 90 days. With receipt, you will be eligible for a full refund on all eligible items. If a receipt is not available then you are eligible for a gift card instead. Returns on liquor items are subject to local restrictions so contact the store for that. Return your online, in-store, and Amazon purchases simply by following our return guide. For any queries regarding the Whole Foods return policy, use the comment section below. Also, read Target and Walmart return policy