Have you ever had to return the product after purchase from eBay? Many of us had faced this situation. Returns are a part of the business. So let me tell you what this article is all about. This article is all about the eBay return policy. We will provide you tons of information on this policy. We will also give you some brief information on its related topics also.
First, let’s figure out the circumstances of why someone will return a product. If the product doesn’t match the expectations of the customer, the customer returns the product. But what if you don’t have the right information on how can you return your eBay product. Well, don’t worry we will clear all your questions regarding this policy. Well, let’s not wait much and quickly jump to know the steps in detail of how can you return the eBay product.
Ebay Return Policy
eBay allows its customers to return the product within a time period of 14-days. If the received product is damaged or doesn’t meet your expectations, you can return the product. Don’t worry, you are covered in the eBay return policy which gives you the money-back guarantee. But keep in mind that you cannot return the product to eBay if your account is suspended. You can return the product even if the seller doesn’t agree to accept the returns. For an easy return, follow the below-shown steps:
- Check the listing in the purchase history of our account. See if the seller offers the returns or not. If yes, check how much time will it take to request a return and all other conditions.
- Then select the item from your purchase history which you want to return. You can directly jump on to the purchase history by clicking here.
- Select the reason for which you are returning your purchased eBay product.
- Now add the images of the item if the item arrived in a damaged, broken or faulty state.you can add up to 10 pictures of it showing defects.
- Then select the ‘Send’ button.
So these are the steps that you must follow without any mistakes in the eBay return policy. Finally, this will assure the company that you want to return your product.
- The seller must accept the return request and offer thee a full refund for the product as per the eBay return policy. You have to return the item in the same condition in which it was at the time of purchase. Thereafter the seller will issue you a full refund which will include the original shipping cost also.
- Also, the seller might deduct the amount from the refund if he receives the product is damaged or incorrect packaging condition. By doing this the seller tries to cover the loss which he faced in the value of the item.
- The seller can also offer you a partial refund and lt you keep the product. In this scenario, it can be a profitable compromise if you received a product with a minor defect.
- They can also offer you a replacement or an exchange. Some sellers do offer this facility to make the customer happy and save themselves from loss.
Once the seller completes the process for verifying your returned product, they will agree to refund you. They have 2 business days in which they have to issue your refund to you. They will also send you an email letting you know about the granting of your refund.
It may take up to 3-5 days for a PayPal refund to complete. It will take around 30 days depending on your card provider for your refund if you paid with a card.
Canceling a Return Request
If you have changed your mind for returning the eBay product, and now no longer want to return, you can cancel your return request. The eBay Return policy also allows you to cancel a return request. It’s very easy to cancel the return request. Follow the below-shown steps for the successful cancellation of your return request.
- Go through your purchase history. Find the item of which you want to cancel the return request.
- Select ‘See request details’ option which will b located in more actions dropdown menu.
- Select ‘close your request’ and choose the reason for the canceling of return from the dropdown menu.
It’s important for you to be sure bout this cancellation. As you won’t be able to reopen a package and case once it’s closed.
e-Bay’s Covid-19 Response
As e-bay is an online platform there was no worry about taking precautions for customers but the employees working at the warehouses or at some physical locations. They will need to take precautions against Covid-19. There are other changes as well apart from social distancing and wearing masks and regular sanitizations. In case you are looking for some other changes, you can go here for them.
Misuse of eBay Money Back Guarantee
There are many circumstances in which the customers misuse the eBay return policy. In these circumstances that customers are given warnings, blocking them from the return portal and opening the claims.
Here are some of the activities which are not allowed to be done by customers:
- Creating duplicate requests using buyer protection programs.
- The collision of seller and customer for wrongly declaring the value of the items.
- Filling chargeback still after the refund.
- Replacing the item with the original one and sending it.
You can find more information about the eBay return policy by visiting the official website of the company.
Most of the time when there is any issue regarding the purchase, the seller will be able to solve it for you. But if the seller is not able to solve your issue in 3 business days, you can ask the eBay officials for help. They will respond with your problem within 21 opening days of opening the request with the officials.
Do I have to pay for return shipping?
It totally depends on the reason for your return. Some sellers do offer free returns too.
When will I get my refund?
It usually takes 6 days for the seller to issue your refund.
Can I return used item?
Yes, of course, you can. Just make sure the item is in perfect original condition and do proper repacking.
This article was all about the information on the eBay return policy. Through this article, you will be able to return the product without any issues. We included the policy, information on refund, misuse of the policy and much more information. If you have any queries regarding this topic, you can comment down below in the comment section. We will look forward to a solution to your query. Also, you can comment down below if you have more information regarding this topic if you think we missed any. Also, we have also published some other articles related to this topic like Staples return policy and Expedia Return Policy. Make sure to check those out.