We all love to buy products from eBay, but sometimes our expectations from a product may not be fulfilled. For such cases, eBay has a simple return policy that helps customers to return any unwanted products. We will also give you some brief information on its related topics also. Knowing the eBay return policy would help you enjoy a hassle-free experience and save your money.
Table of Contents
What is eBay Return Policy?
eBay allows its customers to return the product within a time period of 30-days. You can return a product if it is damaged or doesn’t meet your expectations. According to the return policy of eBay, you can also return the product even if the seller doesn’t agree to accept the returns.
|Return Period||30 Days|
|Return Method||1. Online|
Will My eBay Returns Be Free?
If your eBay purchase is damaged, does not match the listing criteria or is faulty you may request a free return at eBay.
Does eBay Accept Opened Returns?
Yes, eBay accepts opened items for returns. However, the packing should be in the original box and all the items must be inside the packaging.
How To Return At eBay?
For an easy return at eBay’s, follow the eBay return policy process, shown in the below-mentioned steps:
- Log in to your eBay account and go to the “purchase history”. You can directly jump on to the purchase history by clicking Here.
- Find the item you want to return and see if the seller accepts the returns on that item. If yes, check what’s the return period and all other return conditions.
- Click on “return item” and provide the reason for return. You can also add images if the item arrived in a damaged, broken, or faulty state.
- Then click the ‘Send’ button.
So these are the steps that you must follow without any mistakes in the eBay return policy. Finally, this will assure the seller that you want to return your product.
eBay Return Policy For Sellers
- The seller must accept the return request and offer a full refund for the product as per the eBay return policy. You have to return the item in the same condition that it was at the time of purchase. Thereafter the seller will issue you a full refund which will include the original shipping cost also.
- Also, the seller might deduct the amount from the refund if he receives the product is damaged or incorrect packaging condition. By doing this the seller tries to cover the loss that he faced in the value of the item.
- The seller can also offer you a partial refund and let you keep the product. In this scenario, it can be a profitable compromise if you received a product with a minor defect.
- They can also offer you a replacement or an exchange. Some sellers do offer this facility to make the customer happy and save themselves from loss.
Cancelling a Return Request
If you have changed your mind about returning the eBay product, and now no longer want to return it, then the eBay Return policy also allows you to cancel your return request. It’s very easy to cancel the return request. Follow the below-shown steps for the successful cancellation of your return request.
- Go through your purchase history. Find the item for which you want to cancel the return.
- Select the ‘See request details’ option which will b located in the “more actions” dropdown menu.
- Select ‘close your request’ and choose the reason for the canceling of return from the dropdown menu.
It’s important for you to be sure about this cancellation. As you won’t be able to reopen a package and case once it’s closed.
What is eBay’s Money Back Guarantee?
The eBay Money Back Guarantee covers most transactions on eBay. It provides an additional benefit to the buyers by keeping their money safe. According to eBay’s money-back guarantee, buyers can get their money back if an item didn’t arrive, is faulty or damaged, or doesn’t match the listing. However, it must be remembered that the purchase should be made from ebay.com and should be qualified for the money-back guarantee.
eBay Refund Policy
Once the seller completes the process for verifying your returned product, it will take 2 business days to process your refund. They will also send you an email letting you know about the granting of your refund. As per the eBay return policy, return shipping charges will be paid by the seller only if your item is faulty out of the box or it doesn’t match the product description listed by the seller.
It may take up to 3-5 days for a PayPal refund to complete. It will take around 30 days depending on your card provider for your refund if you paid with a card.
|Refund Period||Within 3-5 Business Days
|Refund Method||Original Mode of Payment or in cash if purchased through a debit card
eBay’s Official Help
Most of the time when there is any issue regarding the purchase, the seller will be able to solve it for you. But if the seller is not able to solve your issue in 3 business days, as per the ebay return policy, you can ask the eBay officials for help. They will respond to your problem within 21 opening days of opening the request with the officials.
eBay’s Covid-19 Response
As e-bay is an online platform there was no worry about taking precautions for customers but the employees working at the warehouses or at some physical locations. They will need to take precautions against Covid-19. There are other changes as well apart from social distancing and wearing masks and regular sanitizations. Visit their Covid response page to know all the extra precautions are taken by them to ensure customer safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to pay for return shipping?
It totally depends on the reason for your return. Some sellers do offer free returns too.
2. When will I get my refund?
It usually takes 6 days for the seller to issue your refund.
3. Can I return used item according to ebay return policy?
Yes, of course, you can. Just make sure the item is in perfect original condition and do proper repacking.
4. Can an eBay seller refuse a return?
You can only decline a return if the buyer is returning the item because they changed their mind, and your return policy stated you don't accept returns
5. Will eBay refund your money?
Yes within 3 -5 days of the return.
You May Also Read
Also, Keep In Mind
This article was all about the information on the eBay return policy. Through this article, you will be able to return the product without any issues. We included the policy, information on refund, misuse of the policy, and much more information. If you have any queries regarding this topic, you can comment down below in the comment section. We will look forward to a solution to your query.